Arts Center Specialist is responsible for oversight of all technical aspects of events at the Lewisville Center for Creative Arts, including activity in the theaters, Multi-Purpose Room, lobbies, art gallery, classrooms, Center Courtyard and all technical support areas. Advises Arts Center Manager on issues related to physical plant of the Arts Center. Also trains and supervises staff, volunteers and contract labor involved in technical support of events at LCCA.
· Implements and maintains LCCA operating policies and
procedures. · Trains users of technical equipment and coordinates usage of sound, lighting, video and stage equipment.
· Conducts regularly scheduled inspection of all theatrical
systems and components, schedules repairs and
recommends replacement when justified. Ensures
warranties are maintained.
· Determines materials and supplies needed for operation of
technical equipment. Maintains appropriate inventory and
re-orders in a timely fashion.
· Ensures compliance with all safety practices and operational rules for use of technical equipment in LLCA.
· May train and supervise, lead the work of staff and volunteers.
· Reports to direct supervisor weekly on condition and use of the technical equipment, including any maintenance or safety issues or recommended procedural changes.
· In accordance with Facility Use Agreements, organizes and schedules all technical activity in the building, including load-in and load-out of equipment and materials for rehearsals and events, and set up and change-over of equipment.
· Physically adapts event space for daily usage.
· Investigates, resolves and reports to supervisor on complaints related to areas of responsibility.
· Performs all other related duties as assigned.
Education BFA or BA in Theater, with a concentration in Technical Theater.
3 years to 5 years experience in arts facility operations, preferably in a supervisory capacity.
REQUIRED SKILLS & ABILITIES
· Knowledge of operation and care of contemporary theatrical equipment, including lighting instruments and lighting control boards, sound, video and stage apparatus.
· Knowledge of theatrical facility operations.
· Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
· Ability to follow instructions, safety practices and standard operating procedures in performing assigned tasks.
· Ability to be punctual and attend work regularly
· Ability to work effectively with people regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, or job type.
· Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
· Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
· Ability to effectively handle sensitive situations requiring courtesy, persuasion, and tact.
· Ability as lighting and sound designer preferred.
· Ability to comprehend, interpret and enforce operational policies and procedures.
· Ability to read and interpret written and graphic instructions, plans and schematics.
· Ability to develop and follow time lines, work plans and schedules.
· Ability to communicate in advance with all clients (users) of LCCA to determine technical requirements (equipment and personnel, tech preparation time needed) of their event and assures that result is reflected in Event Information Reports.
· Skill in the use of personal computer, including both Windows and Mac platforms, Microsoft Office Programs, lighting and sound software, CAD, database development and maintenance, graphics and ticketing software.
· Skill in Microsoft Office, e-mail and the Internet.
· Math skills sufficient to assure adherence to budgets and accurate tracking of inventory and materials usage.
· Skills as a trainer and leader are required.
· Must submit to and pass a pre-employment drug test. · Must be available to work nights, weekend, and some split shifts as required.