VERTEX is looking for a dynamic, energetic individual who welcomes the challenge of working within the Air Quality Services division as an Asbestos Air Monitoring technician out of our Weymouth, MA office. VERTEX is a rapidly growing, multi-national consulting firm that is experiencing exponential growth, and we’re looking to augment our team of talented individuals!
The Asbestos Air Monitoring technician we are looking for will enjoy the challenge of working on multiple projects on a fast-paced schedule, working with senior staff to provide abatement oversight and technical support on a variety of projects. More specific details are described below.
- Conduct Asbestos Air Monitoring activities
- Field Analyze laboratory and engineering data
- Represent VERTEX to the client in a professional manner
The primary responsibilities of an Asbestos Air Monitoring Technician are to perform air monitoring for an asbestos abatement project or related activity in a public building or industrial facility. This may include obtaining baseline, area, personal and clearance samples. Also responsible for care and routine calibration and maintenance of air monitoring equipment and supplies, writing field reports, reporting of results, and preparing project documentation.
- Frequent travel and/or field work (valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle required)
- Able to communicate effectively (written and verbal) with co-workers, clients and subcontractors
- Able to work with minimal oversight, but take direction from Senior managers
- Able to meet deadlines, both internally and externally
- Other project duties as assigned by senior staff
- High school graduate or GED certificate Must be a responsible self starter that is able to take direction and learn quickly.
Knowledge & Skills
- Must have or be qualified to obtain an Asbestos Project Monitor license from the Massachusetts Department of labor.
- NIOSH 582 Equivalent
- Minimum of two years experience in technical activities directly related to asbestos and mold assessments, including report writing and field investigation
- Must be with an attention to detail and a strong work ethic.
- Must be able to perform complex tasks and handle multiple priorities, and have the ability to perform exceptionally under high stress conditions.
- Knowledge of computer operations and standard software packages (word processing, spreadsheets, Adobe) required.
- Proficiency or working knowledge of CAD a plus.
- Position requires AHERA Asbestos Project Monitor Certification (Mass. Asbestos Project Monitor License a plus)
- Position requires Health & Safety Certification pursuant to OSHA 29 CFR 1910.120
For consideration, please submit your application at: https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=2170831
Vertex is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers competitive salaries, an excellent benefits package, and a positive corporate culture. For more information about the Vertex team, please visit our website at vertexeng.com .
The Vertex Companies, LLC. - 18 months ago