General Statement of Duties: Provide overnight support services to individuals living in supervised residential settings and do so in a manner that promotes safety, independence and dignity for those individuals served. May sleep during overnight hours (beginning of shift until 6:00 a.m.), unless significant consumer need dictates otherwise. Must be awake during early morning hours (6:00 a.m. - 9:00 a.m.) to assist consumers with morning preparation.
1. Be on site and available (may be asleep) to provide consumer support and assistance as needed.
2. Attend to the needs of consumers on an individual basis as well as foster increased independence and self-determination.
3. Supervise and document consumer self-administration of medication as prescribed by a physician in accordance with agency and program procedures.
4. Record and appropriately utilize necessary data, daily progress notes, staff log and complete all other ISP and program required documentation as assigned.
5. Transport consumers to day programs and other activities as required.
6. Ensure client safety and comply with program standards for staff coverage, including assistance to the Administrator-On-Call whenever needed.
7. Act as advocate and role model.
8. Provide a supportive environment that includes opportunities for consumers to determine, to the fullest extent possible, personal preferences for daily schedules and routines.
9. Maintain knowledge of ongoing program issues and developments as well as informing supervisor of program issues and concerns.
10. Communicate in a professional manner.
11. Perform other related work duties as needed or as assigned by program manager or designee.
12. Perform duties consistent with program and agency policies and procedures.
13. Execute duties to reflect reasonable safety standards. Universal/standard precautions must be utilized and training obtained in areas that constitute risk.
BAMSI, Inc. - 7 months ago