APAC - Texas - Wheeler Coatings
Job Requisition ID: 35180
Job Type: Laborer
Work Time: Regular
State: Texas (US-TX)
Postal/Zip Code: 76706
APAC Texas Inc. – Asphalt Plant Laborer
Do you want to work for a company that values your skills? Do you want to work for a company that values safety above all else? Are you looking for opportunities and benefits of a large corporation with a small company feel? Then Oldcastle Materials is the company for you! Apply for the Asphalt Plant Laborer today and jump start your career with the Oldcastle Materials family.
Job Description Summary
The selected candidate will be required to work in a team environment with other co-workers and managers.
· Ensure a safe work environment in compliance with all safety policies and procedures using the appropriate tools and equipment for the task.
· Properly follow all company policies and OSHA / MSHA regulations for safe working procedures and environment.
· Report any problems to your manager.
· Follow directions of manager as to daily tasks and expectations for each specific project.
· Maintain grounds (grass weeds, fences, gate areas and rails/rail ties).
· Operate and maintain various vehicles, machinery and other equipment used at the site.
· Lift, carry and hold materials, tools and supplies.
· Responsible for upkeep of tools and work area.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will:
· Must be able to work weekends
· Pass pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check.
· Pass a pre-employment “Fit for Work” physical.
· Be able to provide valid documentation for the I-9 Immigration document.
· Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors and the general public at all times.
· Report to work at the designated start time.
· Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required.
· Be able to work overtime when required.
· Be willing to work outdoors in extreme temperatures, both hot and cold.
· Strictly adhere to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
· Have the willingness to work in a team environment and assist co–workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
· Wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated operations and production areas as stated by OSHA and / or MSHA.
· Be at least age 18 years of age due to nature of working environment.
· Minimum high school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
· Previous related experience in construction field is preferred.
What Oldcastle / APAC Texas Inc Offers You
· Highly competitive rate of pay
· Comprehensive medical and dental benefit programs. Vision, Life and Short Term Disability.
· Group retirement savings program
· Health and wellness programs
· A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion.
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle Materials is the leading vertically integrated supplier of aggregates, asphalt, ready mixed concrete and paving services with 1400 locations nationwide. From coast to coast, Oldcastle Materials delivers quality, dependable results to customers ranging from federal agencies to small construction companies. Our culture is special as well. Our most valued asset is our people, and Talent Management is an ongoing process that helps us to identify, develop and leverage more than 18,000 employees. Whether we’re safely paving miles of interstate, building two thousand-foot-long bridges or building roads in national parks, Oldcastle Materials’ continued investment in people, performance and communities has position us as an industry leader.
Oldcastle Materials is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please take 10 minutes to complete your on-line profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in expanding your career with Oldcastle Materials!
APAC - Texas - Wheeler Coatings is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
APAC - Texas - Wheeler Coatings is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.
Oldcastle - 21 months ago
Oldcastle is the largest manufacturer of building products and materials in North America with more than 1500 locations and 35,000...