APAC - Kansas - Shears
Job Requisition ID: 31187
Job Type: Plant Operator
Work Time: Seasonal
State: Kansas (US-KS)
Postal/Zip Code: 67501
Asphalt Plant Operator Do you want to work for a company that values your skills? Do you want to work for a company that values safety above all else? Are you looking for opportunities and benefits of a large corporation with a small company feel? Then Oldcastle Materials is the company for you! Apply for the Asphalt Plant Operator today and jump start your career with the Oldcastle Materials family.
Job Description Summary
The selected candidate will be required to work in a team environment with other co-workers and managers.
· Safely and efficiently operate asphalt plant.
· Safely and efficiently operate heavy equipment of various sizes and weights used in road, site or highway construction.
· Report any problems to your manager.
· Operator will be responsible for a safe work environment for themselves and co-workers.
· When working with co-workers, constant eye contact will be maintained when backing, communicating using hand signals or other movements.
· Properly follow all company policies and OSHA / MSHA regulations for safe working procedures and environment.
· Follow directions of Foreman as to daily tasks and expectations for each specific project or job site.
· Perform minor servicing and maintenance of plant and equipment; refer major problems to the Foreman.
· Perform daily pre–and–post inspections with appropriate documentation in compliance with company policies.
· Assist in training less–experienced employees on the proper operations, servicing and repair of equipment to further their abilities.
· Perform general labor duties when necessary.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will:
· Pass pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check.
· Pass a pre-employment “Fit for Work” physical.
· Be able to provide valid documentation for the I-9 Immigration document.
· Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors and the general public at all times.
· Willing to travel and work away from home when required.
· Be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
· Report to work at the designated start time.
· Be able to work overtime when required.
· Be willing to work outdoors in extreme temperatures, both hot and cold.
· Strictly adhere to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
· Have the willingness to work in a team environment and assist co–workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
· Wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated operations and production areas as stated by OSHA and / or MSHA.
· Be at least age 18 years of age due to nature of working environment.
· Minimum high school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
· Previous related experience in the construction field and/or training.
What Oldcastle / APAC-Kansas, Inc., Shears Offers You
· Highly competitive rate of pay
· Comprehensive medical and dental benefit programs. Vision, Life and Short Term Disability.
· Group retirement savings program
· Health and wellness programs
· A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion.
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
APAC-Kansas, Inc., Shears, is an Oldcastle Materials Company. Oldcastle Materials is the leading vertically integrated supplier of aggregates, asphalt, ready mixed concrete and paving services with 1400 locations nationwide. From coast to coast, Oldcastle Materials delivers quality, dependable results to customers ranging from federal agencies to small construction companies. Our culture is special as well. Our most valued asset is our people, and Talent Management is an ongoing process that helps us to identify, develop and leverage more than 18,000 employees. Whether we’re safely paving miles of interstate, building two thousand-foot-long bridges or building roads in national parks, Oldcastle Materials’ continued investment in people, performance and communities has position us as an industry leader.
Oldcastle Materials is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please take 10 minutes to complete your on-line profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in expanding your career with Oldcastle Materials!
an Equal Employment Opportunity employer
Keywords: Hutchinson; Kansas; Asphalt; Plant
APAC - Kansas - Shears is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
APAC - Kansas - Shears is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.
Oldcastle is the largest manufacturer of building products and materials in North America with more than 2000 locations and 39,000...