One of America’s premier heavy civil contractors, The Lane Construction Corporation is the preferred partner to connect and improve the communities and world in which we live. Founded by railroad engineer John S. Lane in 1890, Lane constructs quality highways, bridges, locks, dams, racetracks, and mass transit and airport systems in 20 states. Lane and its 11 affiliates also produce bituminous and precast concrete, and mines aggregates at 70 plants and 11 quarries from Maine to Florida to Texas. In its 121-year history, Lane has never failed to complete a contract.
White Brothers a division of The Lane Construction Corporation would like to announce an opening at our asphalt plant in Westbrook, ME. for an is currently seeking a full-time Asphalt Plant Operator An ideal candidate should be skilled in controlling plant production and load out of materials produced from our hot mix asphalt plant and be flexible with working hours. This position will report to the Sr. Plant Manager.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Trouble shoot and maintain work environment without compromise to any required regulations, quality of products produced or safe work practice.
- Communicate to all levels of the organization about the plant
- Operate equipment in a safe and professional manner
- Perform Plant maintenance.
- Maintain proper documentation including operator log, environmental records, and maintenance records
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills
- Must have good mechanical skills
- Experience operating an asphalt plant is preferred