Performs moderately complex Level II electro-mechanical assembly operations. Builds product against engineering drawings and manufacturing instructions with occasional supervision by Assembler Lead. Validates own workmanship and checks the quality of previous operations, meeting or exceeding output requirements.
• Performs Level I basic and Level II intermediate assembly task, working from detailed engineering drawings, manufacturing documentation and written instructions including redline drawings, routers, assembly instructions and manufacturing workmanship documents under limited supervision.
• Assemble/disassemble mechanical and electrical assemblies with a variety of hand tools such as screwdrivers, torque wrenches, standard wrenches, hammers, crimpers and solder guns under limited supervision.
• Checks product for quality by self-inspection.
• Interprets change orders to perform supervised rework/modification operations.
• Ability to perform in a team environment with good interpersonal skills.
• Performs basic computer skills to access released drawings and operate Clear Orbit .A
• Ability to work in a changing fast- paced environment.
• Ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously.
• Must be able to meet or exceed quality and quantity standards.
• Must be able to maintain regular and reliable attendance.
• Must be able to maintain safe, clean and organized work areas.
• Must be able to learn new skills when presented new information.
Must be capable of reading, understanding and following instructions, written or verbal.
• High School diploma or general education degree (GED).
• Minimum of two years of assembly.
• Experience with small hand tools a must.
• Physical Requirements:
o Ability to stand/walk for an extended period of time.
o Repetitive hand/feet movement required in the use of manual and electric tools, (for example screwdrivers, torque wrenches, manual and pneumatic presses, etc.); Ability to tighten a variety of screws, nuts, fittings and other fasteners on a frequent basis. Ability to grip, pinch, grasp, bend, crouch, kneel and twist to operate various tools and machines.
o Ability to occasionally lift and carry up to 25 lbs.
o Good hand-eye coordination, sharp eyesight for ensuring accuracy.
o Ability to maintain normal levels of productivity.
Ability to follow detailed instructions, procedures and workflow.