DRS Technologies is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security.
Headquartered in Crystal City, VA, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Finmeccanica S.p.A. which employs more than 70,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture which rewards performance. For additional information on DRS, please visit our website at www.drs.com .
Company Overview Company Overview DRS Command, Control, Communications & Aviation (C3&A) Group provides a broad range of high-technology, mission-critical products and services to US and allied foreign militaries and homeland security forces. C3&A products are deployed on a wide range of high-profile platforms, working to improve the capabilities of soldiers, sailors, and airmen worldwide. The C3&A Group is focused on, Communications, Display and Processing systems, Radar and Surveillance systems, Border and Force Protection Systems, Avionics, Aviation Modification, Repair, & Overhaul Services and other Supporting Services. In addition to sites centered on engineering, business development, logistics and support services, the Group includes a collection of state-of-the-art Integrated Manufacturing Solutions (IMS) facilities that provide experienced manufacturing capability to the C3&A Group and other DRS operating segments. The C3&A Group offers innovative and customer-driven products and services that serve the warfighters’ most critical needs. Whether for ground, airborne, or naval operations, the C3&A Group is committed to providing quality products that surpass customer expectations.
Job Location Chesapeake, VA
DRS C3 & Aviation Company in Chesapeake, VA, is currently seeking an Assembler to support the assembly of electronic equipment including circuit card assemblies, modules, rack assemblies, cables, and wire harnesses. Rework/repair circuit card assemblies including component removal/replacement board repair, PTH repair, land and conductor repair. This is a temporary position.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assembling and wiring sub assemblies, major assemblies, and cabinet units
- Soldering skills in accordance with military specification, J-STD-001, & IPC-A-610
- Cable and harness building skills in accordance with military specifications and IPC/WHMA-A-620
- Follows detailed assembly instructions and processes
- Reads wiring diagrams, schematics and other production related documentation
- Ability to crimp, solder and strip wires, connectors, and cable assemblies
- Capable of using various assembly and wiring tools including hand, power and pneumatic types.
- Familiar with the use of common assembly/inspection tools.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum 2 years experience.
- Excellent soldering ability (surface mount and through-hole). Knowledge and understanding of military specifications, J-STD-001, and IPC-A-610 preferred.
- Excellent rework/repair abilities. Knowledge of IPC-A-7711/7721 preferred.
- Cable and wire harness assembly experience in accordance with military specifications and IPC/WHMA-A-620
- Ability to read/interpret drawings, wire lists, schematic diagrams, work instructions, etc.
- Capable of masking cca’s and applying conformal coating.
- Six months to one year related experience and/or training
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Successful candidate may be subject to a government sponsored background for possible access to government owned information, in addition to any background check that DRS may require for employment.
Additional Desirable Qualifications Skills and Knowledge
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Strong team player.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Professional
- Good written and verbal communication skills
DRS Technologies, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed , gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law.
DRS Technologies - 20 months ago
DRS Technologies has zeroed in on its target -- to be the fastest growing defense company in the world. It offers mission-critical products...