Top Talent Solutions is currently seeking skilled assemblers to work in a warehouse environment for a manufacturing client in Minneapolis, MN.
Employees will be performing labor intensive tasks. They will be constructing, assembling, rebuilding and dismantling mechanical products used in architecture projects. The use of hand and power will be required as employees assist in the production of products, parts assemblies, and shipments.
• Load, unload or identify building materials, machinery, or tools, distributing them to appropriate locations, according to project plans or specifications or storage in the warehouse
• Maintain the storage of inventory and lubricate parts or components
• Under supervision, assist in mechanical and component assembly and installation using hand and power tools. Includes attaching moving parts and subassemblies to basic assembly unit, adjust tension on nuts and bolts or position parts using hand tools and measuring instruments, to set specified clearance between moving and stationary parts.
• Rework, repair or replace damaged parts or assemblies, may include removing rough spots and smoothing surfaces to fit, trim or clean parts using hand or power tools
• Move machinery and equipment, using hoists, dollies and rollers
• Position or align components for mechanical assembly, manually or using a hoist, jacks, hand tools squares, rules, micrometer and plumb bobs
• Tend pumps, compressors, or generators to provide power for tools, machinery or equipment
• Clean and maintain work area for organization and the elimination of hazards
• Follow and support safety policy implementation/Compliance with OSHA safety standards
• Perform additional tasks as requested by site management
• Knowledge of materials, methods and tools involved in assembly and construction
• Strong mechanical aptitude and experience in the assembly of mechanical components
• Knowledge of math and basic applications, understand the basic principals in reading and understanding technical plans and drawings
• Experienced use of hammers, mallets, levels, adjustable wrenches, files, puller, and power drills
• Perform physical activities that require considerable use of limbs and whole body, such as lifting, balancing, walking, stooping and handling materials
• Wiling to lift up to 50 lbs. and willing to move objects with assistance when required
• Requires safety compliance, preferred OSHA 10 or 30 certification
• Applies sound judgment, problem-solving skills and detail oriented in completing work tasks
Top Talent Solutions - 2 years ago