Assembly Support 2 (Planner)
As an Assembly Support 2 at Caterpillar Inc., you will directly support Manufacturing Engineers and assembly on the plant floor through design and documentation of layout, tooling, fixtures, handling systems, safety, and ergonomics and other duties as assigned.
Job duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Create tool lists for assembly.
- Provide tooling support to the line as needed including: battery repair, DC electric and air-torque tooling, preventative maintenance tools, and tooling calibration.
- Develops final work orders which detail processing steps and procedures, identified component parts, specifies technical aspects of part installation or application and identifies tooling or fixtures required for production.
- Performs changes and updates to standard work schedules and other relevant assembly procedures based on Engineering input.
- May create documentation required for capital maintains both capital and expense budget accounts.
- Follows and utilizes CPS principles of 5S, Continuous Improvement Idea Reporting, Waste Elimination, and Standard Work.
- Relies on independent decision-making and problem solving to complete job tasks.
- Must meet deadlines.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize work.
- Use Engineering prints and release notices to develop production operation sequence and documents in assembly routing system.
- Develop layouts using CAD system and identifies material locations.
- Download tool data and provides analyzed torque data to Certification Team and creates and maintains data files on torque tools specified by Certification Team.
- Utilizes systems such as CAD, Bin System, and
- Cross-functional communication to complete tasks.
- Provide summaries to leadership.
- Contributing team member
- Ability to sit or stand for prolonged periods; Ability to perform repetitive operations; Ability to lift up to 35 lbs.
- Successful completion of Caterpillar Non-Management Selection Process
- Assembly Planner function requires a 2 year degree or equivalent work experience
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apr 16, 2013, 11:59:00 PM
United States-North Carolina-Sanford-SANFORD01-BCP Sanford NC Plant USA
Manufacturing & Supply Chain
Caterpillar - 23 months ago
For more than 85 years, Caterpillar has been making sustainable progress possible — for our customers, for growing communities and for...