Reports to: Assembly Supervisor
Summary: Construct, assemble, or rebuild machines. Diagnose, adjust, repair, or overhaul mobile mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic equipment.
- Inspect, operate, and test completed products to verify functioning, machine capabilities, and/or conformance to specifications.
- Position or align components for assembly, manually or using hoists.
- Set and verify parts clearances.
- Rework, repair, or replace damaged or worn parts or assemblies.
- Read and interpret assembly blueprints or specifications manuals and/or plan assembly.
- Maintain and lubricate parts or components.
- Assemble systems of gears by aligning and meshing gears in gearboxes.
- Verify conformance of parts to stock lists or blueprints.
- Fasten or install piping, fixtures, or wiring and electrical components to form assemblies or subassemblies.
- Remove rough spots and smooth surfaces to fit, trim, or clean parts, using hand tools or power tools.
- Dismantle and reassemble heavy equipment using hoists and hand tools.
- Operate and inspect machines or heavy equipment to diagnose defects.
- Test mechanical products and equipment after repair or assembly to ensure proper performance and compliance with specifications.
- Clean, lubricate, and perform other routine maintenance work on equipment.
- Read and understand operating manuals, blueprints, and technical drawings.
- Overhaul and test machines or equipment to ensure operating efficiency.
- Fit bearings to adjust, repair, or overhaul mobile mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic equipment.
- Diagnose faults or malfunctions to determine required repairs.
- Examine parts for damage or excessive wear.
- Reassemble equipment after completion of inspections, testing, or repairs.
- Record repairs and maintenance performed.
- Perform Service Inspection and diagnosis
- Receives job instruction package for each job
- Reports the completion of the job
- Servicing, repairing, adjusting, and testing machines, devices, moving parts, and equipment that operate primarily on the basis of mechanical (not electronic) principles.
- Act in accordance with and in support of the Quality Management System
- Perform other duties as assigned
Education Level: (minimum) High School or equivalent;
Similar or Related Experience Desired: (minimum) 1-2 years
Particular areas of experience desired: Prior experience in an assembly environment, knowledge of hydraulics, pneumatics, and electrical assembly preferred.
Work Environment: Conditions: Warehouse and outdoor environment subject to the elements
Excellent benefits: health, vision, dental, STD, LTD, and life company paid, 401K and paid time off.
No phone calls please
Indeed - 19 months ago