HS Graduate or Equivalent
Trade or technical schooling a plus
· Work requires small to large assembly skills and techniques.
· 6 months experience in basic machining practices.
· Must have the ability to properly operate overhead cranes and lift trucks.
· Solid math skills with the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide numbers including decimals and fractions. Simple use of formulas, blueprints, specifications, and tables.
· Must be capable of using various types of precision measuring instruments.
· Requires knowledge of design and basic mechanical principles.
TOSHIBA INTERNATIONAL CORPORATION
Toshiba International Corporation (TIC) is a Toshiba America Inc. Group Company, and is a wholly owned subsidiary of Toshiba Corporation. TIC is comprised of three divisions: the Industrial Division and the Transmission and Distribution Systems Division, both of which are headquartered in Houston, Texas, and the Power Systems Division headquartered in San Francisco, California. For over 40 years, TIC has upheld the tradition and reputation of our parent company. While each division markets its own unique products, all share main ideals: innovative technology, superior quality, unmatched reliability, and dedicated customer service.
POWER SYSTEMS DIVISION
The Power Systems Division, one of the biggest in-house companies in Toshiba, is a leading manufacturer of heavy electrical apparatuses with a worldwide sales/service network. The North American operation of the Power Systems business operates out of three locations: the San Francisco, CA office, the Chadds Ford, PA office and the Milwaukee Service Center located in West Allis, WI. As a leading electric equipment manufacturer, Power Systems has globally supplied steam turbine generators to both the regulated and non-regulated electric markets within North America since 1967.
In addition, Power Systems has provided reliable, innovative, and environmentally friendly products, services, and energy to the marketplace for more than 100 years. Critical functions such as proposal reviews and preparation, application engineering, logistics, project management, inventory, training, and after-market support are all performed between these three offices.
This position is responsible for assisting with the disassembly, assembly, and mechanical operations on a variety of steam turbine spindles, casings, and valves where methods are standardized and prescribed. Will be trained to work from assembly drawings and specifications to do skilled fitting, aligning, and adjusting along with some secondary machining. Use a wide variety of precision measuring instruments and gauging devices. Assignments are performed under general supervision and work is given process and final inspection and test.
· Help to receive and inspect incoming turbine components, take digital pictures of shipping container, cribbing, rigging techniques, and all parts.
· Measure and record the critical dimensions of the turbine components.
· Gain knowledge to perform charting of the disassembly of the blades and proper labeling.
· Be trained on the proper blade straightening and repairs procedures.
· Assist with appropriate blade stelliteing and stiffener repairs techniques.
· With the assistance of more experienced assembly technicians, remove and install seals, disassemble and assemble valves, and perform blade ring assembly procedures.
· Learn to repair or rebuild hydrogen seal assemblies, and rigging and shipping skid setup.
· With the assistance of more experienced assembly technicians, operate the manual grinding, milling, turning, and sawing machinery as required for installation and final fitting of turbine blade seals, and valves.
· Follow and comply with all safety and work rules and regulations.
· All employees are entrusted, empowered, and encouraged to be responsible for attaining the highest quality and maximum value in their work product while providing a positive customer experience.
· May be assigned other tasks where similar or lesser skills are required or where activities are monitored - usually short duration to meet production requirements.
Toshiba - 19 months ago