Aker Solutions provides oilfield products, systems and services for customers in the oil and gas industry world-wide. The company's knowledge and technologies span from reservoir to production and through the life of a field.
Aker Solutions brings together engineering and technologies for oil and gas drilling, field development and production. The company employs approximately 25 000 people in more than 30 countries. They apply the knowledge and create and use technologies that deliver their customers' solutions.
We are looking for individuals who are prepared to take a position. Not only a position within Aker Solutions, but also a position on the exciting challenges the global oil and gas industry faces now and in the future
Aker Solutions' Risers based in Mobile, AL. Is in need of a Assembly Technician who can strengthen our team and support our ambitious growth plans within the Subsea market.
Responsibilities and tasks
Under general supervision, performs complex mechanical assembly operations, often to close tolerances, working from written and verbal instructions. Uses hand tools, power tools, and measuring devices. Experience in fit-up, alignment, assembly of powered moving equipment assemblies. Experience with fabrication and assembly and test of hydraulic equipment.
1. Inspects parts for work orders brought from warehouse for damage and records traceability on work order.
2. Assembles and tests product per specified procedures and quality requirements.
3. Signs and is responsible for, proper documentation of each step in procedure performed.
4. Maintains a clean and safe work area.
5. Maintain current knowledge of safety standards.
Qualifications & personal attributes
1. High School diploma or equivalent
2. Two or more years experience involving assembly and test of equipment (Preferred oilfield or similar products but not required).
3. Must be able to operate an overhead crane and/or jib cranes safely.
4. Must be able to operate a forklift.
5. Ability to read blueprints
- Friendly colleagues in an industry with a bright future •An environment where you are encouraged to develop your skills and share your knowledge with your colleagues •Competitive benefits and strong focus on work-life balance
Aker Solutions - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard
Aker Solutions is a leading global provider of engineering and construction services, technology products and integrated solutions. The...