Daktronics designs and manufactures a complete package of products featuring LED technology providing customers exciting video, engaging advertising messages, and accurate scoring options. Production employees enjoy a 4 day work week, Monday thru Thursday, with opportunities for overtime as workload permits. We utilize a temporary workforce to manage our peaks in workload. These positions offer a 40hr work week, with potential for the same or reduced hours continuing into the Fall. Temporary assignments can last up to 6 months. Responsibilities of General Assemblers and/or Machine Operators are as follows:
1. Operate automated equipment and/or perform the modular and technical construction of scoreboards and/or displays; interpret work instructions/technical drawings; safely operate hand tools; participate in a build team.
2. Learn Daktronics products, systems, and processes and produce product in a safe, accurate and timely manner.
3. Be flexible to work in other departments as needed.
4. Learn and practice Lean Manufacturing methodology.
5. Follow company policies and procedures.
6. Complete other duties as assigned to meet customer needs.
1. High school diploma or GED required.
2. Good communication skills. Fluent in English; verbal and written.
3. Ability to learn quickly.
4. Ability to successfully participate as a member of a team.
5. Ability to work with minimum supervision.
6. Regularly and reliably work the scheduled hours. Ability to work overtime when workload requires.
7. Wear all proper protective equipment as required in work area in accordance with Daktronics Safety Policy and OSHA standards. Items may include: safety glasses, safety shoes/boots, hearing protection and electrostatic discharge wear.
8. Physical requirements include the ability to:
8.1 distinguish and identify wire and paint colors;
8.2 read fine print with or without the use of corrective lenses
8.3 work with odors (solder/paint/solvent/manufacturing odor);
8.4 lift and carry heavy (up to 50 lbs) and/or awkward items
8.5 stand or sit for the full shift and have full range of motion (including but not limited to bending and lifting) required to perform the job functions
8.6 maintain steady hand-eye coordination
8.7 reach in all directions and in potentially awkward positions
9. Background check will be conducted.
10. We do not sponsor immigration visas for this position.
Daktronics - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard
Daktronics, Inc. is a supplier of electronic scoreboards, large electronic display systems and related marketing services, digital messaging...