POSTING TYPE: External
DEPARTMENT: Assessing Services
HIRING RANGE: $50,700.00 - $55,400.00 /year (C41 DBM Level)
SALARY RANGE: Click here to view full salary range
LOCATION: Hastings ADC
CLOSE DATE: 4:30 p.m. on Friday, February 8, 2013
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: This position performs data analysis and assists in maintaining data and system integrity of the Real Estate Management System (REMS). This position supports the development of market value adjustments and adheres to State of MN property tax guidelines. The position will assist with the coordination of business process automation enhancements, report development and delegation, systems issue investigation and facilitating appropriate actions to assist others and resolve issues. The position will report to the Assessing System Specialist.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS BEYOND MINIMUM REQUIRED:
- Bachelor's Degree in Real Estate, Economics, Statistics, Computer Science or in a closely related field, AND
- Two years' experience in the appraisal and assessment of real and personal property, OR
- Two years Computer Assisted Mass Appraisal (CAMA) application use and/or valuation modeling experience. OR
- Two years business systems analysis and/or systems development of a technical nature.
- Or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Licensed MN Assessor
- Exposure to Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and Structured Query Language (SQL) and/or Oracle database structures
These examples do not include all possible tasks in this work and do not limit the assignment of related tasks in any position of this classification. Regular attendance according to the position's management approved work schedule is required for all positions.
1. Provides analysis of real estate market data sets (eg. Income, cost and market) for all property types including land values and challenging small sample studies. Prepares sales ratio studies and time trend calculations for review by the Assessing Systems Specialist to recommend appropriate market value adjustments to Department Managers and Appraisal Supervisors.
2. Participates adjusting building and land mass appraisal tables utilizing multiple approaches including modeling, multiple regression analysis, adaptive estimation procedures and GIS integration.
3. Coordinate system report scheduling. Delegate report results follow-up items with appropriate department staff. Recommend and assist in the development of data reporting solutions within the real estate system. Perform ad hoc data reporting, data querying and data manipulation using SQL or similar programs.
4. Collaborates with management to implement solutions to identified business needs, reviews design and development specifications and tests enhancements to CAMA as directed.
5. Coordinates appraisal process automation with Assessing Systems Specialist and department staff.
6. With direction of the Assessing Systems Specialist, coordinates with management to implement REMS training plans that fit the needs and resources of the department, assists with training department staff in use of CAMA enhancements or functionality and maintain CAMA system appraisal training manuals and directives for accuracy, relevancy and currency
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: Items listed above
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities and Work Environment:
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Work is primarily sedentary, although there is some walking, travel, and carrying of lightweight items such as briefcases, notebooks, and work papers. The work is typically performed in an adequately lighted and climate controlled office.
- Knowledge of concepts and applications of CAMA systems and/or database structures.
- Ability to apply complex problem solving techniques.
- Knowledge of advanced math principles and statistical analysis.
- Ability to coordinate the work activities of project teams.
- Ability to make independent, quality decisions to resolve issues.
- Ability to detect problems or discrepancies in the quality of data and constructively correct such errors.
- Ability to create and support effective working relationships within and between divisions, departments and outside agencies and peers.
- Ability to analyze departmental needs and prepare strategic responses to meet those needs.
SELECTION PROCESS: The examination/selection process for this classification will consist of a rating of your training and experience from the application materials submitted. The top scoring candidates will be forwarded to the hiring department for further consideration.