Within the context of a welfare-to-work continuum, WeCARE provides a full range of social and medical evaluation, case management, job readiness, job placement and retention services to individuals with disabilities, with a focus on developing customized goals based on individual strengths and limitations and moving individuals toward economic independence.
Provides case management services to a caseload of public assistance applicants and recipients who are engaged in Wellness Plans to stabilize a medical or psychiatric condition before an employment determination can be made or who may have chronic, long term disabling conditions that may qualify them for Social Security Disability Benefits. Follows participants through a service continuum that concludes with medical stabilization and an appropriate referral to vocational rehabilitation, or successful application of SSI/SSD.
Bachelors Degree required. Masters Degree in vocational rehabilitation or social-service related field preferred.
- Manage the WeCARE service continuum for all participants following the completion of Phase 1 or Phase 2 Bio-psychosocial evaluation. Ensure routing based on medical and social limitations/employment dispositions.
- Work with participants to develop a Comprehensive Service Plan (CSP) based upon a thorough understanding of the individual's strengths, preferences and needs.
- Revise and implement CSP as needed to ensure consumer compliance with identified services and plans.
Bronx, New York, United States
- Some prior professional experience working within a community-based organization or the government sector, directly serving an under-resourced population preferred.
- Experience working with public assistance population preferred.
- Experience or familiarity with the disability population preferred.