The WV Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) Waiver Program, scheduled to begin November 2011, is designed to facilitate community-based treatment of adults with acquired brain injury. The TBI program focuses on early intervention for mental, physical, speech, occupational and social rehabilitation to minimize lasting injury effects and to help bring about maximize functioning. APS Healthcare will be developing a specialized provider network, including helping train providers and assist in obtaining certification. APS Healthcare will perform medical evaluations for program eligibility and reviewing/approving self-directed spending plans (including helping establish care budgets by member), and prior-authorization of services.
The Assessment Coordinator performs assessments of TBI Waiver members for the purpose of determining medical eligibility and predetermination in the TBI Waiver Program, as well as determining their individualized budgets which are utilized by the member’s planning team to purchase the services necessary to support the individual in the community. Assessment Coordinators must manage a large caseload of assigned members and ensure that assessments are scheduled, all respondents are informed of the assessment, and that assessments are performed and data entry into the APS CareConnection® data base is completed within prescribed timelines.
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse, Social Worker, Professional Counselor, Rehabilitation Counselor or Psychologist with a minimum of 1 year experience.
- Must be in good standing with licensure board and maintain clinical licensure.
- Minimum of 1 years experience with disabilities.
- Medicaid/Public Sector service experience preferred.
- Possess knowledge of WV TBI Waiver services and regulations as well as other programs/services available to program members
- Person-centered planning fundamentals
- Familiarity with computer applications and navigation through multiple screens.
- Familiarity with APS-WV programs.
- Maintain confidentiality standards and HIPAA compliance when evaluating all pertinent issues.
- Ability to conduct effective assessments and apply results
- Able to organize and prioritize tasks to meet timeline
- Strong facilitation & customer service skills
- Good interpersonal communication, telephone and negotiation skills
- Ability to utilize Microsoft software and web applications.
- Ability to accurately assess member abilities & needs based upon respondent feedback and observation.
- Ability to facilitate meeting involving member multiple respondents to ensure all actively participate
- Ability to integrate information related to other APS –WV programs and performs applicable functions when necessary.
APS Healthcare - 16 months ago