* Manages projects to develop and/or select new common assessments in core content subject areas; plans and directs all project activities from project concept through implementation; develops and manages project schedules. Coordinates and communicates departmental efforts to implement the district's assessment development strategy as a component of the Professioal Growth and Evaluation system and in close consultation with Curriculum and Instruction.
* Help implement a new statewide teacher evaluation system beginning in 2013-14 by working with the Department of Curriculum & Instruction (and also the state education agency) to develop or coordinate professional development and support for teachers pertaining to assessment literacy, setting annual student learning objectives (SLOs), and measuring student progress based on these objectives; this professional development will be applicable to all grade levels and subjects
* Support academic long-range and strategic planning efforts as they pertain to institutional effectiveness, student assessment, measurement, and program development
* Partner with school leadership to help develop each school's assessment and data analysis practice, and support schools in identifying areas for improvement and additional support
* Conducts research on current state and national trends in system wide assessment strategies, and incoporation of assessment data into teacher and principal evaluation systems. In particular, study the implementation by other districts of student learning objectives (SLOs) as a means to link student achievement to evaluation and accountability. Help build internal disgtrict expertise in state legislation and state systems with respect to teacher and principal evaluation.
* Ensures that project and product deliverables follow internal established standards. Facilitates agreement on deliverable format and content with appropriate stakeholders where no standards exist. Ensures that new standards, processes and templates are documented and made available for future projects.
* Creates stakeholder assessment communication plan in coordination with Curriculum and Instruction (C&I), Research, Evaluation & Assessment (REA), and the Teacher Incentive Fund (TIF).
* Conducts weekly status meetings with project team, reports project status in a timely, accurate manner.
* Leads and/or participates in project requirements analysis and documentation efforts, including identification and documentation of business rules, functional and technical requirements.
* Has a strong understanding of state and national teaching and professional standards
* Excellent facilitation skills
* Strong knowledge of formative, summative and benchmark assessments, and range finding.
* Knowledge in scoring and/or developing assessments
Works with project team to create a system of assessments and progress monitoring
*Masters in Education or related field
* 5 years of experience in curriculum, assessment and instruction or closely related.
* Project management experience.
Bachelor's degree and an additional two years of work experience will substitute for the Master's degree.
Under the direction of the Executive Director for Curriculum & Instruction (C&I), the Assessment Development Project Manager will be responsible for project management of district assessment development projects and professional development programs to support district-wide assessment/data literacy. The project manager will coordinate with other program managers to develop and implement a district-wide assessment strategy; conduct research on next generation assessments (e.g., aligned to Common Core standards) to inform district strategies; coordinate the development of new district assessment systems over time; coordinate professional development to support the implementation of new statewide teacher evaluation systems that will require enhanced assessment literacy and robust data analysis protocols.