As a Systems Engineer in NetApp's Sales function, you are responsible for providing pre-sales and post-sales support for selling NetApp's Products and Professional Services to existing and potential customers. You will utilize your excellent technical and relationship building skills in working with vendors, partners and sales to ensure that optimum systems solutions are provided to customers.
In this position your overall focus areas will be in supporting and developing processes and systems for quick and thorough responses to customer RFP's, provide systems configuration recommendations, and apply your background and experience to deliver solutions to technical problems.
The essential responsibilities of the Systems Engineers are to work directly with the NetApp Sales team to support customers in pre-sales and post sales situations, and to work effectively across functions with other NetApp employees in Sales, Marketing, Customer Service and Development areas. Specific responsibilities include:
Responsibility and Interaction:Responsibility:
- Assist in identifying customer needs and requirements.
- Define elements of a customer's technical computing environment as assigned by sales reps or more senior level SE's.
- Answer customer questions.
- Provide technical support to current customer and 'try-and-buy' test projects.
- Help define customer acceptance criteria for 'try-and-buy' evaluation projects.
- Pick up and deliver NetApp evaluation test system to customer site.
- Work with Sales to respond to RFP's.
- Attend customer calls with the Sales Representative.
- Provide technical consultation and disseminate product information to the sales team. Job Requirements Requirements:
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Good interpersonal communication and customer service skills are needed in order work successfully with prospects, customers, and cross functional teams to meet performance goals.
- Account management and project management experience.
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies and understanding how to utilize them in a customer facing environment.
- Ability to follow standard engineering principles and practices.
- Creative approach to problem solving.
- Travel to the prospective customer's sites as necessary.
- This individual will apply attained experiences and knowledge in solving routine to moderately complex problems.
- Is responsible for a specific geographical install.
- May have own small to medium accounts or work on a team.
- This individual effectively works with internal personnel.
- General direction is provided to them by their manager on routine work, and detailed direction is provided on new projects and assignments; as well as on-going review of activities and priorities.
- The ideal candidate contributes proactively to sales team efforts and positively influences decisions of the team. Education and Experience Education & Experience:
- 2 to 5 years of experience is preferred.
- A Bachelor of Arts or Sciences Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science; or equivalent is required.
- Experience which demonstrates a proficient level of expertise in technical specifications required to sell NetApp products and services is required. Posting Category Systems Engineering Full time / Part time Full-time Posting Location USA - Massachusetts - Waltham Requisition Number 23249BR
Careers at NetApp
At NetApp, your expertise is what drives our growing success
NetApp is the ideal place to give your career a boost....