As an Assessment Support Administrator (ASA) for the U.S. Office of Personnel Management, you will perform test administration and a variety of assessment support duties for customers as agreed to by OPM.
Please note: This position does not provide guaranteed work hours each week, and work will be assigned on an intermittent "as needed" basis. This position will NOT lead to a full-time position.
This position is a temporary position not-to-exceed September 7, 2013
- U.S. Citizen or National
- Suitable for Federal employment, determined by a background investigation
- Relevant experience (see Qualifications below)
- Reliable transportation to and from work assignments
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for selective service
- Administer written tests and provide assessment support services in the local commuting area of this announcement and up to 100 miles radius when necessary using reliable transportation to transport test material.
- Maintain security and inventory of test materials.
- May require early morning and some evening travel and extending periods of standing, walking and sitting.
- Must be able to carry multiple boxes containing papers, test booklets or electronic devices weighing up to 30 pounds per box to and from the examination location.
- Ensures that office support and testing duties assigned are implemented in accordance with established rules and processes.
- Performs a full range of routine and recurring assessment support services and clerical duties.
You must have either 1) at least two years of education above the high school level or an associate's degree from an accredited educational institution, or 2) at least one year of work experience that required you to present information orally, handle administrative and clerical processes, and establish effective relationships with customers. Combinations of education and experience may also be used to qualify, as described here.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
We will review your application for basic qualification requirements. All qualified applicants will be placed in one of the following categories in accordance with 5 CFR 302.304(5):
- veterans having a compensable service-connected disability of 10 percent or more
- other 10 point veterans
- 5 point preference veterans
- non preference eligibles
Intermittent employees are not eligible for benefits.
Relocation expenses will not be paid.