Coordinate and support the maintenance of TaskStream for the School of Education.
- Develop, organize, monitor and communicate related TaskStream changes, staff and candidates. Updates web-based tutorials annually.
- Serve as liaison to TaskStream by informing SOE faculty and staff on new elements of the web-based system. Works with TaskStream appointed staff at each site as needed.
- Provide customer support for faculty (full, part time and adjuncts), staff and candidates in the navigation and general use of TaskStream.
- Work with the Director of Assessment and Accreditation to run data, update the accreditation room and prepare reports.
- Run candidate evaluation data and follow-up with faculty and staff assessments to ensure that the grading process has been completed by each center.
- Maintain the TaskStream account with current and active information regarding programs, demographic information, account volume, etc. Initiates invoices with TaskStream when appropriate.
- Maintain the SOE accreditation exhibit room, SOE website and web-based shared files.
- Provide oversight and support in managing the multiple data bases for programs to include Direct Response Folios, Field Experience databases, and Teacher Performance Assessments.
- Two years of customer service experience supporting users of software or database programs preferred. Bachelor’s degree and strong computer skills required. Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. Database experience preferred.
- Understanding of and commitment to the spiritual mission of the university.
- Formal or informal experience training/teaching others.
- Understand the flow of the teaching and learning process.
- Work well with others. Good interpersonal skills.
- Able to quickly develop confidence and trust in those served.
- Knowledge of TaskStream or other web-based assessment programs or desire/willingness to learn.
Physical Demands (if applicable):
Ability to travel to the five locations where the SOE is located. Sitting for periods greater than one hour. Use of computer equipment: computer keyboard, mouse, and monitor. Vision to read documents, e-mail and other correspondence, and reports on paper and computer monitor. Hearing and speaking to communicate effectively with others in person and by phone. Will also stand, stoop, push, pull, and lift up to 10 lbs throughout the day.
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants: