Compiles, evaluates and analyzes data related to each academic program to measure its effectiveness; develop and implement evaluation and assessment tools based on goals and objectives.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Analyze data and develop reporting strategies for educational quality improvement, accreditation, and scholarly activities for all programs in the College of Health Care Sciences (CHCS).
2. Establish and manage an Assessment and Evaluation system with well-defined outcomes, indicators, milestones and targets for the implementation.
3. Develop program evaluation and assessment tools based on defined goals and objectives.
4. Compose formative and summary written analyses of evaluation work conducted, to enhance program understanding of implemented change.
5. Serve as a consultant to program faculty and staff on assessment and evaluation activities and strategies that employ a variety of measures of knowledge, skills, attitudes and behavior.
6. Work collaboratively with other colleges at the university.
7. Serve on department, college, division, and university committees, as requested.
8. Attend college and programmatic meetings, as requested.
9. Prepare periodic progress reports in close coordination with CHCS Department Chairs/Program Directors.
10. Monitor and follow up on various reports for program and regional accreditation bodies as well as NSU entities.
11. Provide expertise and support in the design and implementation of assessment activities and the interpretation of data related to student learning outcomes and assessment measures.
12. Work closely with NSU Office of Institutional Effectiveness to develop/implement CHCS plans for the Assessment of Student Learning Outcomes.
Marginal Job Functions:
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Measurement and evaluation, educational statistics, higher education with an emphasis in assessment, learning theory or related field.
2. Knowledge of, and applications experience with: program assessment and development techniques and outcomes; interpretation and reporting of statistical and qualitative analysis.
3. Ability to work with multiple deadlines and multiple projects simultaneously.
4. Good presentation skills.
5. Proven ability to work independently and communicate pro-actively and professionally within a collaborative, cross-functional team of faculty, project managers, and technical talent.
6. Ability to apply advanced critical thinking skills in a fast-paced, changing environment.
Major (if required):
Statistics, Mathematics or related field
Minimum four (4) years experience with program assessment and development; experience analyzing, interpreting and reporting statistical data.
1. Master's Degree.
2. Experience in the field of assessment/student learning outcomes in a higher education setting.
Is this a safety sensitive position (are applicants potentially subject to drug testing)?
Does this position require a criminal background screening?
Nova Southeastern University - 7 months ago
Nova Southeastern University (NSU) gives a whole new meaning to "school of sharks." NSU, whose mascot is the deep sea predator,...