Posted: March 22, 2012
JOB TITLE: Asset Building Coach
REPORTS TO: Director of Business Development Center
DEPT/PROGRAM: Business Development Center
LOCATION: PACE Headquarters, Los Angeles, California
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Full or Part Time, Temporary Position
PACE Business Development Center
Since late 1992, PACE, through its Business Development Center, has been developing and operating successful small business training, mentoring and technical assistance programs to low and very low-income, multi-ethnic populations and disadvantage entrepreneurs. PACEs Asset Building program strives to assist low income individuals and families to financial independence by providing access to education and resources to enable them to make informed financial/housing decisionsand to give them the tools they need to achieve a sound financial future.
I. SUMMARY OF JOB DUTIES :
- Performing outreaches in the communities within the service areas
- Conducting workshops on : Basic Financial Literacy, Managing Credit, First Time Home Buying
- Coordinating an Individual Development Accounts-Matched Saving
II. POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES :
Under the supervision of PACE BDC Director, the Asset Building Coach will:
- Perform outreach and networking to recruit participants for training, in the target community in our service areas, including, but not limited to, PACEs current clients and employees, adult schools, high schools, vocational schools, community colleges and community institutions.
- Conduct class training, one-on-one coaching, and case management on all aspects of the Asset Building program.
- Work with sponsoring financial institutions, funders and participants to fulfill PACE Home Ownership Individual Development Account (IDA) goals by Assist educating and motivating participants.
- Work with staff to create a program plan for the Asset Building program and a system to track activities and impacts while maintaining client confidentiality
- Other related activities requested by BDC Directors
III. QUALIFICATIONS :
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Self-starter, good team player, outgoing;
- Extensive experience with MS Office Suite applications, Internet, and database
- Flexible Schedule for some weekend or evening events
IV. REQUIREMENTS :
- Bachelors (BA) degree in Social or Behavioral Science, Business, Banking & Personal Finance or related field
- Must have a car and valid drivers license
- Must pass a pre-employment physical examination at the time of employment
V. PHYSICAL DEMANDS :
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms, stoop, and kneel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
VI. COMPENSATION : $3,000 monthly without benefits.
VII. APPLICATION PROCEDURES:
Applicants must complete a PACE application. Resumes are not accepted in lieu of application materials. Interested individuals may obtain an application from:
Human Resources Department
Pacific Asian Consortium in Employment (PACE)
1055 Wilshire Blvd. Suite 1475 , Los Angeles, CA 90017
Tel: (213)353-3982, Fax: (213)353-1227 .
VIII. APPLICATION DEADLINE : Until position is filled
PACE is a private not-for-profit corporation that provides employment, small business assistance, and education, housing and other community services in the Los Angeles City and County areas. PACE is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. PACE does not discriminate on the basis of disability and, upon request, will provide reasonable accommodation to ensure equal access to its programs, services, and activities.
Pacific Asian Consortium in Employment - 24 months ago
copy to clipboard
The Pacific Asian Consortium in Employment is a nonprofit organization committed to expanding opportunity for the people of California. We...