Position Description: Asset Management Analyst
Company. WHI Real Estate Partners LLC (“WHIREP”) is a sponsor of opportunistic real estate private equity funds. The firm was established in 2010 to consolidate the real estate investment activities of William Harris Investors, Inc. (“WHI”). WHIREP is focused on the acquisition and recapitalization of mid‐sized real estate assets throughout the U.S., across all major property sectors.
WHI is a Chicago-based, private investment firm with more than $1 billion of capital under management. Founded approximately 50 years ago as an investment office for the family of Chicago entrepreneur and philanthropist Irving B. Harris, WHI now provides investment and wealth management services to a small group of wealthy families, foundations and endowments.
Please see www.whirep.com and www.whi.com for more information.
Position. The asset management analyst will support the principals and other professionals of WHIREP in the following activities:
- Development and maintenance of complex cash flow models;
- Evaluation of opportunities with respect to portfolio assets, including joint ventures, dispositions, financings, and leasing;
- Communication with strategic operating partners to collect property information and data in order to inform strategic decisions and enable fund reporting;
- Assisting in the monitoring of portfolio assets on an ongoing basis;
- Preparation of fund-level metrics and information to facilitate the firm’s reporting to fund partners;
- Assisting in maintaining the compliance, accounting, and operations initiatives of the firm and its sponsored funds;
- Preparation of investor marketing materials and private placement memoranda;
- Organization and completion of transaction and closing activities; and
- Other activities as needed to support WHIREP’s principal investment and business development efforts.
This position is based in Chicago, IL and requires occasional travel.
Qualifications. The ideal candidate will be a high-integrity, self-driven, resourceful individual with:
- 1-2 years of professional experience in an analytical capacity, most likely in investment banking, private equity, financial consulting, or real estate investment;
- A bachelor’s degree from a top-tier college or university with a highly-competitive GPA;
- Exceptional quantitative, financial modeling, and valuation skills;
- Superior attention to detail and ability to focus on a variety of tasks simultaneously;
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills;
- Intensity commensurate with the episodic demands of a transaction-driven, entrepreneurial environment; and
- A team orientation, flexibility, and the ability to work well under pressure.