The Department of Economics is seeking to fill a position at the tenure-eligible Assistant Professor or tenured Associate / Full Professor level. We will consider applicants in all fields of economics, but we especially solicit applications from scholars in experimental economics, labor economics, microeconomics, game theory, economic history and public economics.
Assistant Professor candidate qualifications include the potential for significant research accomplishment and for distinguished teaching at the undergraduate, MBA , and PhD levels.
Associate / Full Professor candidates must be distinguished scholars engaged in significant ongoing research, with a strong publication record and demonstrated effectiveness in teaching. Candidates with an exceptional ability to teach undergraduate economics courses will be considered for the Gerald Swanson Chair in Economic Education.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain an active research program.
- Teach up to two courses per semester.
Additional Minimum Qualifications
Assistant Professor, tenure-eligible:
- Candidates must receive their PhD in Economics or a related field by the beginning of their appointment. Those who have not completed their doctoral degree requirements by that time may also be considered, but at the rank of Instructor.
- Excellent research record or potential.
- Strong commitment to teaching.
- Ability to teach undergraduate and graduate courses.
Associate / Full Professor, tenured:
- PhD in economics or related field.
- Outstanding research record.
- Currently engaged in significant ongoing research.
- Strong publication record.
- Strong commitment to and demonstrated effectiveness in teaching.
- Ability to teach graduate and undergraduate courses.
- The Department is seeking individuals who are able to work with diverse students and colleagues, and who have experience with a variety of teaching methods and curricular perspectives.
- Research or teaching related to entrepreneurship, strategy, or other executive education / MBA topics is desirable.
Assistant Professor candidates should upload a cover letter, curriculum vitae, one research paper, and arrange for submission of three letters of recommendation to: EconJobMarket.org .
Associate and Full Professor candidates should send a cover letter and curriculum vitae to: email@example.com .
To be considered an applicant for this position you must complete the UA online faculty application.
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, the University of Arizona recognizes the power of a diverse community and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences and backgrounds.
- 22 months ago - save job