Our team looking for an Assistant Account Executive who will play a key role in developing and supporting various sponsorship programs for a telecommunications client within the Sponsorships group. Looking for an AAE that has a love and passion for sports. Assists Account Executives and Supervisors in managing client assignments and sponsorship properties. Gathers information from client and other external sources to guide agency work and helps coordinate efforts of creative, media, production and other agency disciplines. The position will assist in coordinating, planning and implementing for sports marketing programs that leverage the client’s broad sponsorship portfolio, specifically football but also includes baseball, hockey and entertainment.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
- Demonstrates ability to effectively organize and manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously with minimal supervision.
- Assist in the development of strategic marketing and sponsorship plans, as well as on-site activation programs
- Works closely with Creative, Studio and Production teams to provide quality control on all creative and ensure all work is delivered on time. Understands the production process.
- Maintains status reports and other related documentation.
- Assists team with communications planning activities and provides strategic direction by helping with creative briefs and other internal documents.
- Interfaces with client and sponsorship properties on various projects
- Develops an understanding of the creative development process and media planning (as applicable).
- Develops an understanding of the budget creation process. Creates and submits estimates for client approval.
- Collects, reviews and analyzes competitive & client spending, creative, and market data.
- Displays creative/innovative thinking (“thinking on your feet”).
- Works collaboratively (“team player”) and builds relationships.
- Possesses leadership qualities; proactively seeks work
- Adapts well to change and demonstrates flexibility.
- Displays professionalism and “grace under pressure”.
- Has a sense of urgency and conveys a positive, “can-do” attitude.
- Displays critical thinking/problem solving ability (e.g., not accepting something on face value; questioning and searching for better/different ways to do things).
- Effectively performs assigned duties and responsibilities; embodies agency attributes.
- Demonstrates an understanding of projects & deliverables as well as the client’s business, objectives and category.
- Demonstrates ownership of assigned projects.
- Documentation is neat, accurate and up-to-date.
- Deadlines are met.
- Effectively prioritizes and manages workload.
- No major misunderstandings or trouble exists between agency and clients. As problems arise, they are productively and satisfactorily dealt with in accordance with company policy.
- Client and agency management express confidence in his/her service, initiative and follow-through.
Date Needed By
- Undergraduate degree preferably in advertising, marketing or other related discipline.
- Sports/sponsorship/promotional experience a plus
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, good listener.
- Well organized, strong planning skills.
- 1 year working experience.
New York, NY, US 10017
Hill Holliday - 21 months ago