A. Account Service Support
Prepare conference reports, meeting agendas, status reports and billing summaries as needed
Open jobs and write creative briefs for project work
Handling details; asset management, estimates, delivery, faxing, internal communications, proofing, etc.
Work with project manager, producer, media and other staff to insure timely, accurate delivery on all client jobs
Analyze sales and communications efforts and recap effectiveness in market
Track competitive communications and prepare analysis as needed
B. Client Relationships
Build working relationships with appropriate client personnel who interface with the agency
Assure that agency work meets quality standards, is presented in a professional manner, and is delivered in a timely fashion, within the client’s budget
Learn the client’s business, including company business goals and objectives, products, markets, industry, distribution, etc.
Working with manager and the team, develop and write situation analysis, strategic guides, SWOT analysis, positioning analysis, marketing communications objectives, strategies and tactics, and other strategic planning documents as necessary and appropriate to each client
Build client confidence in the agency, manage client expectations, assure that client gets “no surprises” and ultimately accepts the agency’s thinking and work
Provide clear, concise, accurate report, calls etc. to client contacts as required by account management or other departments
Provide leadership to assure all departments of the agency get written and verbal information and direction as needed to “get it right the first time” and to meet quality, budget and delivery expectations
Maintain written records of all directions, work orders, recommendations, meetings, etc., which result in client decisions or approvals, particularly authorizations to proceed with chargeable services
Keep all members of account teams informed of client acceptance or objections to agency’s work.
Keep the team current on issues that may affect the client-agency relationship, especially any problems or indications of dissatisfaction with agency performance that may affect ability to meet or exceed revenue quotas
Represent the agency’s mission, capabilities and goals accurately to assigned clients, business development prospects and other potential industry allies (i.e. vendors, peers, etc.).
Review and approve proposals, estimates, job costs and invoices, and credit memos, and resolve any problems. Assure that client receives adequate explanation for any unexpected billings.
Adhere to Periscope policies and procedures as outlined in the Periscope Handbook
Maintain high level of professionalism in all internal and external communication including e-mail and voicemail correspondence, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to handle high stress situations with effective results
- Flexibility to work/communicate effectively with different types of people
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to deal with complex numerical situations
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to organize, prioritize and multi-task
- Creative problem solving and decision-making skills; excellent judgment
- Excellent customer service and troubleshooting skills
- Strong client management, negotiation and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong leadership skills
- Desire to learn, be continually challenged and grow
- Software Proficiencies: Proficient in Microsoft office software
- 2-3 years in marketing/marketing communications/advertising in agency or client organization (agency preferred), or equivalent
- B.A. degree in business (marketing preferred), journalism or liberal arts with strong business curriculum.