ASSISTANT NURSING HOME ADMINSTRATOR
Tendercare Taylor is currently seeking a Licensed Nursing Home Administrator to be our Assistant Administrator. The Assistant Administrator will assist the Administrator with overall facility leadership, management, operations, and direction of the nursing center. This position will also ensure the delivery of the highest level of services and quality of care that is responsive to customers' needs.
In addition, the Assistant Administrator is responsible for ensuring that the facility's financial performance is within its established budget, while leading, developing, and implementing core programs to ensure delivery of quality care to our residents.
Interested candidates MUST have a current Michigan Nursing Home Administrator's license or eligible, possess a strong understanding of state and federal laws and regulations regarding the operation of skilled nursing facilities, and have demonstrated strong leadership, communication, financial management, and problem solving skills.
- Responsible for supporting the Administrator in overall facility management, profitability, operations, and direction in all aspects.
- Assists with census development, management of AR & Collections, maximization of NOI, resident/patient care, state and federal survey compliance, positive employee relations, and a positive return on investment.
- Follows all Extendicare policies and procedures.
- Completes rounds of entire facility premises at least daily to ensure compliance with all policies, procedures and regulations.
- The Assistant Administrator is a key and visible supervisor working directly with all residents, family and employees.
- The Assistant Administrator is responsible for the timely oversight of the accounting systems at the nursing facility and those which interface with the home office.
- The Assistant Administrator is involved in the maintenance of accurate and complete trust account records, census information, billing and resident accounts receivable statements, wages paid to employees’ payroll and invoice processing for the nursing facility.
- The Assistant Administrator is responsible for assuring the timely collection of accounts receivable from all payer sources.
Education: Licensed or eligible for licensure by the state in which the facility is located.
Experience: Prior experience working as an Assistant Administrator or working in a long-term care setting preferred.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
Keywords: Nursing Home Administrator, NHA, Interim Nursing Home Administrator, LTC facility executive director, executive director, ED, Interim Executive Director, facility director, LTC, medical, medical care, Geriatric, Geriatric Care, Skilled Nursing Operations, LTC Operations, Licensed Nursing Home Administrator, Consultant, professional services, health services health care, health, care.
- Ability to make oral presentations
- Has effective communication skills.
- Ability to speak, read, write, and understand English.
- Ability to relate positively, effectively, and appropriately with residents, families, community members, volunteers, and other facility staff.
- Possess special interest in working with long-term care residents and the elderly. Meets all health requirements imposed by law.
Extendicare - 2 years ago