Summary of Functions:
Responsible for the overall performance of the assigned property including leasing, quality customer service, appearance, marketing and resident relations. This position is structured as a manager in training and requires additional responsibilities in the property manager’s absence.
Basic schedule includes, but is not limited to, coverage of office from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, as well as scheduled evenings until 7:00 p.m. and weekends as required by business needs. Schedule will consist of working five days per week with two scheduled days off per week.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Responsible for leasing, marketing, resident relations, administrative accuracy of files, ensuring they are complete, accurate and in compliance.
· Processes new applications in accordance with rental criteria, SafeRent ratings, IFA guidelines, and fair housing laws.
· Handles telephone and email inquiries immediately or within the same business day. Maintains traffic records. Fills out guest cards, and maintains complete records including waiting lists.
2. Responsible for IFA and Section 42 compliance including by example, certifying and recertifying tax credit residents, adhering to all government codes and regulations.
· Recertification process must begin 90 days prior to lease expiration or certification period expiration, whichever is sooner.
· Coordinates IFA Supportive Service Requirements in cooperation with the Support Services Coordinator. Documents events with flyer and sign-in sheets and maintains records for audit.
3. Responsible for accurate bookkeeping and record retention.
· Collects rent, sends delinquent notices per policy, prepares legal documents, and attends court as needed. Maintains a monthly delinquency of 1% or lower.
· Posts late fees and appropriate charges as outline per policy.
· Posts all receipts daily and makes deposits before 2:00 pm on the date received.
4. Maintains resident relations and ensures that residents understand their responsibilities for the community. Handles resident complaints when they arise and per lease provisions.
5. Updates parking access building access codes and keeps accurate reports in Boston Post and security software as well as up to date records in resident files.
6. Conducts monthly market surveys and makes leasing recommendations based on survey, traffic, and rental/market information.
7. Retains current marketing materials including flyers, floor plans, Apartments.com, ApartmentFinder, Craigslist, and any other approved marketing medium for the properties.
8. Assists sister communities as needed and is willing to float between communities when necessary.
9. Represents Hubbell Apartment Living in Des Moines Downtown organizations when appropriate.
· Associate’s degree in business or related field required
· Minimum one year Section 42 apartment management or related business experience required
· Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel) required.
· Ability to perform bookkeeping functions.
· Excellent communication skills.
· Strong attention to detail.
· Must be self-motivated and able to work with minimum supervisions, with ability to become a team leader.
· Ability to work well under pressure, multitask, and meet deadlines.
· Must be assertive and well organized
· Must be able to work overtime as required, which is limited to the needs of the property. Schedule, including Saturdays, may vary according to individual property and on-site manager.
· Must have a reliable vehicle to perform various management tasks and errands, including daily bank deposits. Must have proof of liability insurance for same. Must possess a valid driver’s license, clean driving record, and be bondable.
· Physical Requirements: Extensive mobility and good physical condition. Must be able to perform the physical functions of the position, which may include, but are not limited to: ability to walk property, including four flights of stairs, to complete physical inspections, deliver resident communications, and show apartments. Be able to effectively communicate with residents, staff, supervisors, vendors, etc. Must be able to lift a minimum of 30 lbs. to facilitate vacuuming, moving office furniture and lifting of supplies.
· Dress Code: Company-provided career apparel shirts must be worn daily when onsite if provided to the employee. If career apparel is not
provided, shirts should be solid in color or of a conservative, business appropriate print and clean, pressed, and tailored appropriately. Slacks must be of a dress pant type and must be clean, pressed, and tailored appropriately. Slacks/ skirts must be black, gray, navy, charcoal, olive, dark brown, or khaki/ beige in color only. No denim or corduroy will be permitted. Shoes must be professional and conservative in both style and color. They should be of a dress type and work appropriate. All apparel must be in good repair and fit properly. Good hygiene is required on a daily basis. Hairstyles and Make up should be business appropriate. Jewelry and accessories worn during work hours should be business appropriate in design, size and quantity for a professional business environment. Body piercings such as nose rings, lip rings, eyebrow piercings are not work appropriate and should be removed or covered. Tattoos are required to be covered during business hours and when on company business. Good judgment is expected.
· Must have a reliable vehicle to perform various management tasks and errands, including daily bank deposits. Must have proof of liability insurance for same. Must possess a valid driver’s license and must be bondable.
· Must be a commissioned Notary Public in the State of Iowa or able to become a Notary within 30 days of hire date.
· Pre-Employment Test Scores: Successfully complete pre-employment screening tests. Pass background check and/or credit check as well as drug screening.