Monroe Group, Ltd is seeking an individual for the part time position of Community Property Manager for their multi-unit Section 8 apartment complex in Northglenn, CO
The Community Manager is responsible for daily operations of their assigned property. The Community Manager is responsible for assisting the Regional Manager regarding but not limited to: evaluating staffing needs, hiring and terminating staff, and ensuring the property is performing up to company standards (including unit turns, routine maintenance, leasing, occupancy, etc.). In addition, the Community Manager assist in the development of budgets and ensuring properties operate within the set budgets.
- Oversees the community staff to assure a smooth working operation
- Maintains waitlist at 30%
- Ensures vacant units are turned and rented within 5 days
- Daily inspection of property cleanliness
- Responsible for the efficient and correct utilization of Onesite
- Organizes resident functions
- Strictly adhering to requirements on the monthly calendar
- Responsible for the daily deposit of rent checks
- Ensure compliance with applicable property programs such as Project Based Section 8 and or Tax Credit.
- Work with National Compliance Manager to ensure compliance issues are addressed in a timely manner
- Responsible for keeping the property expenses within budget
- Assists Regional Manager on annual budget preparations
- Responsible for delinquencies
- Codes payables
- Ensures all new resident paperwork is filled out properly
- Ensures the necessary paperwork and files are updated going forward (certifications & re-certifications)
- Prepares for Management Occupancy Review
- Posts all legal notices and proceeding with legal action when necessary
- Prepares weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports
- All other duties assigned
- Must be able to work assigned hours as scheduled.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Must be able to complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Must be able to meet assigned deadlines.
- Familiarity with clerical practices, office procedures, and automated equipment.
- Required to learn all aspects of community manager duties.
- Ability to satisfactorily complete tasks with minimal supervision.
- Must be a self starter and self motivated.
- Ability to perform assigned tasks with reasonable speed and accuracy.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- At least 1 year of Property Management experience in a managerial role
- Must have working knowledge of affordable housing programs including Section 8 and Tax Credit
- At least 3 years of Property Management experience in a managerial role
- Employee must be able to move/drag/lift at least 15 lbs and up to 40 lbs
- Employee will frequently utilize their hands and fingers
- Employee will be frequently required to sit, and stand
- Employee must be able to walk each property in its entirety
- Employee will be required to bend, twist, stoop and or kneel
- The employee will be exposed to an indoor office and outdoor environment. The noise level changes on a consistent basis.
The Monroe Group is a privately held professional services firm headquartered in central Connecticut with six field offices located across...