Northern Illinois University, member of the Mid-American Conference and sponsor of 17 Division I sports, is seeking applications for a full-time, 12 month position of Assistant Athletic Trainer. The successful candidate will be a member of a team of health professionals within Intercollegiate Athletics charged with prevention of athletic injuries and care for approximately 400 student-athletes with specific sport and travel assignment to be determined.
Primary responsibilities include general healthcare assistance to all intercollegiate student-athletes (including evaluations, referrals, treatments, rehabilitations and record keeping); specific sport team coverage (including travel, nights, weekends and holiday work schedules); administrative responsibilities as assigned; possible approved clinical instructor (ACI) status; and other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• NATA Certification
• Illinois License eligible (must be Illinois licensed prior to start of employment)
• Minimum of two academic years experience as a certified athletic trainer, some of which must be in a school or clinic setting
• Working knowledge of and adherence to applicable NCAA rules and regulations
• Ability to communicate with and relate to student-athletes, coaches and support staff
• Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to use relevant computer software
• Master’s Degree
• Postgraduate athletic training experience at the university or college level
• Experience with NCAA Division I student-athletes highly desirable
Applicants must email, mail or fax the following which addresses each of the qualifications listed above:
• Letter of application
• Resume of professional accomplishments and experiences
• Names with contact information of three current professional references
Send (e-mail preferred) application materials to:
Director of Personnel, Intercollegiate Athletics
Northern Illinois University
Suite 200 Convocation Center
DeKalb, IL 60115-2854
Applications must be complete, and received no later than 4:30 p.m. on Tuesday, May 27, 2013. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
In compliance with the Illinois Campus Security Act, before an offer of employment is made, the university will conduct a pre-employment background investigation, which includes a criminal background check.
Northern Illinois University - 17 months ago