The Arizona Attorney General's Office, Child and Family Protection Division, Civil and Criminal Litigation and Advice Section has an opening for an experienced, dedicated individual to represent the Department of Economic Security ("DES") in employment law matters, including advising DES on various employment law issues, litigating disciplinary actions and defending DES in federal and state administrative proceedings. The position involves the following:
* Providing legal advice and assistance regarding a wide range of employment law matters/issues.
* Analyzing, applying and advising the client with regard to various federal regulations and state/federal statutes.
* Representing the client in connection with administrative and other legal proceedings.
* Analyzing complex and diverse legal issues, conducting associated research and providing written and oral advice to the client.
* Preparing pleadings, motions, memoranda, forms and other legal documents. A willingness to work collaboratively and in a team setting is critical.
* Providing advice and litigating matters in administrative forums on behalf of various DES programs, as assigned.
* Juris Doctorate.
* Experience in the employment law arena, preferably representing a governmental agency or entity. Knowledge of the various DES programs is a plus, but is not required.
* Admission to, and good standing with, the Arizona State Bar is required (include on resume the date(s) of admission in Arizona and any other states). Candidate must have active Arizona State Bar license.
* A valid Arizona Driver's License is required, along with consent to have your driving record run periodically. Travel may also be required for this position.
* Knowledge and understanding of applicable statutes, case law and court rules.
* Knowledge with regard to the litigation and administrative processes.
* Knowledge with regard to ethical standards applicable to lawyers and public employees.
* Skill in working with the client to solve complex/diverse challenges.
* Skill in analyzing, interpreting and applying myriad federal regulations and state/federal statutes.
* Skill in persuasive oral and written communication pertaining to case presentation through various stages of representation, including litigation through trial or the administrative process (and appeal if required).
* Skill in working with colleagues to solve problems.
* Skill in prioritizing multiple demands.
* Ability to identify/analyze complex legal issues and communicate about the same with the client.
* Ability to effectively utilize skills of subordinate staff.
* Ability to display courteous and professional behavior.
* Ability to exercise sound judgment in making strategic decisions in cases and in providing legal advice to the client.
To view our Recruitment Video please follow this link: http://vimeo.com/arizonaago/employment
This position is not covered by the State Merit System.
All applicants under serious consideration for hire with the Attorney General's Office are required to be fingerprinted by the Office and complete a criminal background check through State and Federal agencies. A job offer cannot be tendered until the candidate has successfully passed the initial background check. Your record does not automatically constitute a bar to employment. Factors such as, but not limited to, age at time of offense and age of offense, as well as the relationship between the offense and the job for which you apply will be taken into account.
During all phases of the selection process, people with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation, such as a sign language interpreter, by contacting the AG's Human Resources office at (602) 542-8056 or via e-mail at HumanResources@azag.gov. The Arizona Office of the Attorney General does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, sexual orientation or age in its programs, activities or in its hiring and employment practices. The following division has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Administrative Services, 1275 West Washington, Phoenix, AZ 85007, Phone: (602) 542-8056, Fax: (602) 542-8000.
AGENCY JOB BOARD ID: AAG
State of Arizona - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard