Under general supervision of the Bank Sales Manager this leadership position has the responsibility of leading, managing and holding accountable the teller staff and customer service representatives at their assigned location(s). Serves as primary “go to” person for all administrative issues related to the assigned location(s). This leader works closely with the Branch Administrator in the area of branch administration, security and maintenance of the assigned location(s). This position is responsible for ensuring compliance with applicable policies and procedures while delivering a high level of customer service in a manner that exceeds the customers’ expectations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Leading, Managing and Holding Accountable
o Proactively manages, inspires and coaches tellers and CSR’s for performance.
o Determines and makes recommendations for talent needs; recruits and selects talent and manages terminations / reductions in force of assigned staff within their location. Leverages and/or partners with their manager and human resources to meet talent needs.
o Sets expectations/goals for team and holds them individually accountable for results. Lead regularly scheduled L10 team meetings with direct reports.
o Monitors incentives to ensure the results are aligned with Anchor’s overall strategic plans and tactical objectives.
o Supports and actively participates in training and development efforts to ensure staff has the customer service skills, product knowledge, and other pertinent skills.
o Monitors staff in daily tasks, operations and quality control to ensure available resources (e.g., staff, materials, etc.) are leveraged for best results.
Sales and Service Leadership:
o Directs and coordinates continuous quality improvement initiatives and continuously seeks to improve the effectiveness of their assigned location(s).
- Responsible for the overall operation of the teller line/department as well as Customer Service.
- Schedules the work of all tellers and CSR’s to ensure efficient teller operations during business hours.
- Ensures cross training of tellers and CSR’s is complete and effective to maximize the flexibility and staffing needs.
- Performs all teller and Customer Service Representative functions as needed and assists with complex transactions, difficult customers, and all customer complaints.
- Promotes bank products and services by recognizing and understanding customer needs and by gathering information about the customer’s businesses and activities.
- Effectively develops banking relationships with new and existing core customers:
- Opens new personal banking accounts including checking, savings, certificates of deposit, and individual retirement accounts
- Provides extraordinary customer service by conducting business in a professional, friendly manner and builds long-term customer relationships.
- Understands and adheres to all Anchor Bank standard operating policies and procedures and Federal and State banking regulations.
- Supervises the completion of all daily, weekly and monthly duties to include ATM balancing, coin machine balancing, money orders and travelers’ checks, bonds and any other teller operation duties.
- Maintains daily control over the collection process and collection items.
- Performs daily balancing reconciliation, and monitors and investigates all cash drawer discrepancies.
- Informs Bank Sales Manager of any issues or concerns.
- Facilitates regular staff meetings and ensures staff is aware of any system or procedures updates or changes, and conducts training when necessary.
- Works closely with the Bank Sales Manager to improve overall performance and profitability of the bank.
- Actively participates in Assistant Bank Manager L10 meetings and activities. Shares best practices and serves on Anchor project teams upon request.
o Serves as primary “go to” person for all administrative issues related to their assigned location(s). Responsible for the operation, security and maintenance of the assigned location(s).
o Works with Branch Administrator to establish the location operational goals and expectations. Effectively manages expenses and achieves stated goals.
o Works with Branch Administrator in identifying standards for office protocol including hours of operations and staffing requirements.
o Assists Branch Administrator in ensuring disaster recovery plans are in place and tested for team.
o Oversees the management of daily tenant or vendor issues and requests. Partners with Finance and Branch Administrator on managing tenant and leased space management relationships and/or contracts.
o Provides input to Branch Administrator on vendor identification and selection to improve service and manage vendor costs.
Education and Experience
Leadership and Communication Skills
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- College degree in finance, business or related field is preferred.
- At least five years of teller experience is required. Account opening and Customer Service experience is desired .
- Previous experience in managing the work of others is required.
- Superior leadership skills required to inspire and motivate top performance.
- Excellent delegation and communication abilities to lead and manage teams.
- Ability to communicate effectively across all organizational levels and business lines; also with external professionals.
- Ability to effectively lead others to accomplish team and organization goals and objectives. Advises, assists, mentors and provides effective feedback to others and encourages the development of work-related competencies and long-term career growth.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills over the phone and in person.
- Ability to respond to complex inquiries or complaints from staff, customers, vendors, regulatory agencies or members of the business community in an effective and timely manner.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commission and percentages.
- Excellent knowledge of federal banking regulations related to teller operations and extensive experience in all types of bank transactions.
- Thorough understanding of Regulation CC, Bank Secrecy and fraud/forgery and other bank regulations as it pertains to the teller line. Has extensive knowledge of vault and ATM responsibilities and cash flow between the bank and the Federal Reserve Bank.
- Knowledge of vault balancing, ATM’s and fraud and forgery schemes is preferred.
- Ability to make good decisions in a timely and confident manner and to seek assistance when necessary.
- Excellent people and organizational skills.
- Must be dedicated to exceeding customer expectations and committed to continual customer service improvements.
- Promotes and maintains a high standard of quality at work.
- Reliable and behaves in an ethical and honest manner when dealing with co-workers, managers and customers.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of all bank records and customer transactions.