To supervise and coordinate activities of personnel engaged in preparing establishment's facilities for banquets and conventions.
1. Assign duties and instructs workers in collection, assembly, and arrangement of articles for convention or banquet hall and conference rooms, such as furnishings, decorations, displays, microphones, and tableware.
2. Inspect facilities for completeness of arrangements and instructs personnel to correct errors.
3. Prepare daily work assignment rosters and maintains work performance records. Supervises others while determining or interpreting work procedures for a group of workers, assigning specific duties, maintaining harmonious relations among them and promoting efficiency. A variety of responsibilities is involved in this function.
4. May perform cleaning duties for banquets and conventions.
5. Knows and complies with all company policies and procedures pertaining to this position and its duties.
6. Assist in maximizing profits.
7. Reward employees who to meet or exceed customer expectations.
8. Other duties as assigned.
- 3 years banquet operational experience with at least one year in a supervisory capacity; OR, an equivalent combination of education and experience.
In compliance with Federal and State equal employment opportunity laws, John Q Hammons Hotels is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
John Q. Hammons Hotels & Resorts - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard