Assitant Baseball Coach
Position Summary Information
Job Description Summary
This role functions as an Assistant Baseball Coach in a multi-site University System of Georgia college. GHC is a member of the National Junior College Athletic Association, NJCAA (Division 1). Reporting to the head coach of the baseball team, this position will assist the head coach in all aspects of the program.
• Identify and recruit potential student athletes
• Perform instruction and player development
• Conduct and supervise off-season conditioning
• Monitor student athletes’ progress and implement strategies to ensure academic and athletic success with an emphasis on sportsmanship, integrity, a competitive spirit and academic success
• Perform administrative duties such as travel and camp coordination and execution
• Promote athletic program and events to the campus and community; raise funds in conjunction with the Office of Advancement and the President’s Office
• Perform assigned duties in a manner consistent with the mission, goals, and core values of the college
• Maintain sensitivity, understanding, and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological, and ethnic backgrounds
Bachelor’s Degree preferred with some experience in assisting coaching baseball as well as familiarity with rules and regulations of NJCAA .
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• General knowledge of intercollegiate athletics at the NJCAA level
• Strong knowledge of NJCAA rules and regulations or ability to learn and retain quickly
• General knowledge of Title IX regulations
• General knowledge of FERPA guidelines
• Working knowledge of psychology, sociology, and leadership theories
• Knowledge and experience with fund raising methods
• Knowledge and the ability to apply technology to athletic program management
Commensurate with experience
Position open until filled and applications will be screened as received.
Please see the below "Institution Employment Link" to view a complete job description, create an application, and apply for the position.
Institution Employment Link:
CIP Discipline Code:
Baseball (Admin code)
The University System of Georgia
- 2 years ago - save job