The Assistant Beverage Manager will assist the Beverage Manager in leading a group of employees in a manner which ensures delivery of World Class customer service, award winning beverage product, and an entertaining environment that blends together to create a seamless experience resulting in increased customer loyalty, real revenue growth and improved operating margins.
- Show strong leadership skills and ability to lead a team.
- Work with people of diverse backgrounds and experience.
- Directs and organizes the activities of the team to maintain high standards of beverage quality, presentation, creativity, consistency and service.
- Interview, hire, train, recommend evaluations, resolve problems, provide open communication
- Develop, implement and monitor schedules for the operation while maximizing service levels and achieving a profitable result.
- Communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to the staff.
- Pitch-in and help co-workers with their job duties as needed and be a team player.
- Maintain overall beverage equipment, inventories, glassware, etc. Ensure uniform standards, appearance standards, cleanliness, safety, and other established rules, guidelines, policies, and practices are met consistently.
- Controls the inventories of food, beverage, and non-food supplies.
- Implements new menus and promotions, such as holiday and special event promotions.
- This position is not limited to those duties listed in the job description. Duties and responsibilities can be changed, expanded, reduced or deleted to meet business needs of the company.
**The Company provides its employees with a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision care, life insurance and a 401(k) Retirement Plan. In addition to these benefits you are entitled to paid time off (PTO), an employee assistance program (EAP) and more!
- Must be at least 21 years of age and have a High School diploma or GED/equivalent.
- Previous supervisory/managerial experience (2 years) in a high volume, upscale casino or resort/hotel beverage operation managing a beverage staff of at least 30. Previous bartending experience in a high volume, sophisticated restaurant/bar preferred.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Must be computer literate.
- Must have a strong sense of urgency.
- Demonstrate team building experience.
- Abilities to inspire, train, and develop people for promotion.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent listening skills.
- Above average knowledge and familiarity with all types/varieties of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages.
- Wine knowledge preferred.
- Able to work at a fast pace in an often crowded/noisy environment. Able to tolerate second-hand smoke, noise and bright lights.
- 2 years ago - save job