An Assistant Branch Manager is responsible to assist the Branch Manager in overseeing the provision of financial services to customers (dealers) at designated auctions and typically within a specific geographic area. They are responsible to grow the business profitably by increasing the number of customers and by expanding the volume of business with existing customers. The core job functions of an Assistant Branch Manager include increasing revenues and minimizing losses through aggressive loss prevention activities. They must develop competence in the technical aspects of loan processing (floorplanning), assessing credit worthiness, securing and monitoring loans, collecting receivables and managing delinquency. The Assistant Branch Manager must be able to direct and coordinate all activities of the loan production office in the absence of the Branch Manager.
Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Uses leadership, management skill, creativity, business development, and available resources to assist the Branch Manager in achieving financial and non-financial goals of the Branch.
2. Develops a thorough understanding of AFC policies, processes and procedures relative to business development, loan processing, collections, expense control, and staff development.
3. Understands the applicable laws and codes for their assigned geographic area and ensures the Branch operates in compliance with them.
4. Assists in recruiting, hiring, training, motivating, and developing members of the branch financial services team with the focus on providing prompt, accurate, and courteous service to both internal and external customers.
5. Participate in providing regular performance feedback to all members of the Branch Financial Services Team. Participate in coaching and counseling other members of the Branch Financial Services Team to achieve improved performance and compliance with AFC policies and standards.
6. Utilizes all appropriate means to monitor and collect receivables, account for property used to secure loans, and to document business transactions (particularly communications related to “over credit line”, late payments, returned checks, note repayments, and “out of trust” situations).
7. Communicates potential loss situations to the Branch Manager and Corporate Loss Prevention staff as soon as identified to develop a coordinated response. Lead efforts to take possession of vehicles or other property used to secure loans and acts as AFC’s agent/representative in legal matters, as required.
8. Uses spreadsheet and other automated or manual processes to prepare required documentation and reports.
9. Assist in the prospecting and growth of the branch’s portfolio, along with assisting in marketing efforts and product campaigns of the branch and corporate.
10. Utilize all available Customer Relationship Management tools and work queue task assignments to maintain a history of the dealer.
11. Support other AFC locations remotely and on site when needed.
12. Other duties, as assigned.
Educational Requirements and Qualifications:
Bachelor’s degree preferred. Two (2) years in automotive or financial services industry along with one (1) year in a supervisory or management position required. Familiarity with concepts, procedures and processes typically used in automotive and financial services industries. Ability to read and understand basic financial statements preferred. Good organizational, clerical and verbal communication skills a must have. Telephone, computer literacy, software competencies, specifically standard or customer financial systems. Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook. Motor vehicle operator (required); notary (desired). Local travel up to 25%, limited overnight travel.
an equal opportunity employer. KAR is a drug-free workplace.
Adesa Inc. - 2 years ago
ADESA (Auto Dealers Exchange Services of America) doesn't sell cars, it sells fleets of cars. The company offers used vehicle...