Responsible for the supervision of the tellers, member service representatives, and FSRs of the branch. Perform all teller and member service functions as well as solve problems and help with complex work-related matters. Guide and advise tellers, MSRs, and FSRs in the efficient handling of member needs.
1. Will make every effort to provide excellent service to our members through cross-selling, which is the ability to identify and meet the needs of our members with products or services available through ACUTX. To reinforce the sales and service culture of ACUTX, every effort should be made to coach, train, and develop employees under your supervision in cross-selling and excellence in service for our members.
2. Supervise the activities of the tellers/MSRs/FSRs by assigning work, answering questions, solving problems, helping with complex transactions and sensitive member relations problems, and explaining policies and procedures to members.
3. Ensure that staff are trained and cross-trained in all phases of their particular jobs to ensure quality member service.
4. Evaluate the job performance of subordinates to ensure quality.
5. Develop, apply, and evaluate policies and procedures for the department.
6. Make every effort to ensure that all branch, staff, and credit union goals are met.
6. Manage and recommend the purchase of equipment and supplies.
7. Maintain an adequate supply of cash, visa gift cards, money orders,cashiers checks, debit cards and ATM cards for your staff.
7. Maintain knowledge of all state and federal regulations that are applicable to the transactions performed in the member service area.
8. Ensure that all staff and the branch are following procedures to maintain credit union compliance. This includes monthly audits for all tellers,vaults, and plastics, auditing all loan and new account paperwork monthly.
9. Serve as vault teller for the credit union, which includes ordering cash from the Federal Reserve, verifying cash received, filling teller cash orders, verifying vault and plastics balances daily, balancing and refilling
ATM machine as necessary and maintains full vault security.
10. Help with, or perform monthly audits on all teller drawers, vault, coin machine, and ATM.
11. Enter CETO totals as required.
10. Correctly perform supervisor overrides.
11. Investigate teller/MSR losses and institute corrective flow of work.
12. Oversee work schedules for full-time and part-time employees to ensure proper service to members.
13. Consumer Loans
Note: The list of duties is not exhaustive. It may be supplemented as necessary from time to time.
Must have a high school diploma or equivalent, college four degree preferred, and at least
three years experience in the credit union or related financial industry. Professional, well-developed interpersonal skills essential for projecting positive image to members and coworkers.
Work requires good communication, motivational, and organizational skills. Also requires the ability to work within a busy schedule and meet deadlines. Knowledge of consumer lending policies and regulations, credit granting criteria, computation of interest rates, intermediate mathematical skills (calculations and concepts involving decimals, percentages, and fractions). Must be PC literate and exhibit proficiency in the required software to carry out the listed duties and responsibilities. Knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Office, Internet access, or the equivalent is required.