In accordance with established policies and procedures, responsible for assisting the Branch Manager of a small to medium size office in leading performance to achieve increasing levels of excellence in sales, service quality, administration, income and expense management, branch operations and team leadership by performing the listed duties personally or through direct and/or indirect reports. Responsible for managing the office in the absence of the Branch Manager.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Assists the Branch Manager in leading the team in selling and cross-selling bank products and services to meet and exceed branch sales goals. May make business development calls under the direction of the Branch Manager.
2. Significantly contributes to sales production through: actively participating in the sales effort; effectively building relationships with existing customers and identifying new prospects; possessing a thorough knowledge of bank products and services; and providing guidance and leadership to team members.
3. Consistently provides superior customer service and supports team members in that effort to achieve the bank’s goal of both attracting and retaining customers.
4. Ensures that currency levels are managed within established limits.
5. Assists the Branch Manager in providing leadership, motivation, coaching and rewards to continuously increase the levels of team members’ service quality performance behaviors. Assists in training team members in skills required to meet and exceed superior performance.
6. Performs a variety of administrative functions to include, among others: managing income and expenses prudently; promoting security awareness, fraud prevention, conducting audits as directed, assisting with staffing schedules, assuring the operational efficiency of ATMs and approving customer transactions.
7. Responsible for complying with the various rules, regulations, policies and ethical standards governing the financial services industry including compliance with the Bank Secrecy Act.
8. Performs other duties as assigned.
· Manages branch employees in the absence of the Branch Manager. Provides recommendation on the assigning and controlling work, hiring and firing, and annual reviews of all employees in the bank branch.
· Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or university or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
· One to two years of successful bank sales and customer service experience
· Six months of experience in a supervisory role
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
· Effective sales and customer service skills
· A working knowledge of branch operations to coordinate the daily functioning of the office and to resolve employee and customer problems
· A working knowledge of bank products and services, as well as familiarity with the related policies and guidelines, loan programs, qualifications, insurance, etc. to provide the full array of financial services
· High levels of communication, interpersonal and leadership skills necessary to represent the bank in a positive manner in dealing with customers and team members
· Ability to adapt to a highly stressful environment. Exposed to robbery, a potentially hazardous condition. Receives detailed instructions and procedures to be followed to minimize risk.
ROUTINE DECISIONS AND FORMAL POLICY SETTING
· Determines the best solution to customer problems.
· Determines the staffing necessary for efficient branch performance.
· Formally responsible for making recommendations regarding policies associated with the job’s purpose and essential responsibilities.
The above statements describe the job’s essential responsibilities and requirements. They are not an exhaustive list of the duties that may be assigned to job incumbents.