This position exists to effectively manage and coordinate the sales, service and operational functions of the Branches to produce superior member service and strong account penetration for profitable credit union growth.|
Lead and motivate the assigned Branch team in the credit union's sales and service culture to attain individual and branch success. Explore new member relationships and expand and/or retain existing member relationships by determining the member's financial needs and meeting those needs through the sale of credit union services. Perform the duties of the assigned Branch Manager in their absence.
The following are typical duties for this position. These are not exclusive or all inclusive but rather a general outline.
- Perform all duties as described in the Membership Officer position description.
- Act as Team Leader, executing the sales culture developed by the credit union to achieve individual and branch goals.
- Assist with the development and execution of the Branch Development Plans.
- Support each branch development initiative, execute assigned tactics and meet team and individual goals.
- Perform operational/head teller duties in the absence of Teller Manager/Head Teller as assigned.
- Knowledgeable of daily teller functions and processes to assist tellers as needed.
- Assist in developing, maintaining and implementing the MO/MA/Teller schedule to adequately service members, utilizing available reports to ensure prompt response times and to monitor overall member volume.
- Provide guidance and training to new employees.
- Assist the assigned Branch Managers in performing staff evaluations, make recommendations regarding staff placement/actions.
- Assist with the security policies and procedures of assigned branches.
- Assist in maintaining the overall appearance of the assigned branches.
- Work effectively with vendors in coordinating service, maintenance and upkeep of assigned branch equipment, building and surrounding property.
- Work in conjunction with other department managers to ensure that smooth avenues exist for the prompt processing of member requests or resolution of member issues.
- Understand, execute and explain banking regulations including Reg CC, Reg E , Reg D and Diamond's check hold policy,
- Assist staff in procedures pertaining to CTR and SAR filing/reporting.
- Understand and execute department safeguarding member info policies/procedures.
- Attend community functions such as chamber events and expos.
- Participate in Diamond's community fundraising events.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated dedication to positive, member-focus service.
- High school diploma, college degree preferred.
- Three plus years of sales/service work experience, preferably in the financial industry.
- One plus year of management experience.
- Proven ability to problem-solve and make good decisions with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated leadership and coaching skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Proficient in Windows, Word, EXCEL and Powerpoint.
- Ability to multi-task with good organizational skills.
- Available to work Thursday and Friday evenings and Saturday.
- Ability to travel between branches.
Diamond Credit Union - 20 months ago