The Assistant Branch Manager will have the overall responsibility of ensuring the efficient operations of the branch including management of: Customer Service, Inside Sales and Operations. The Assistant Branch Manager will have the full authority of decision making capabilities within the branch pertaining to consumer business transactions and relations. The incumbent will have individual sales goals as well as assisting the Branch Manager in ensuring the branch meets their goal as well.
Additionally, within the Evans branch system the retail staff must demonstrate a strong commitment to the Evans Core Values and Customer Service Standards. Provide superior service and an outstanding banking experience for each customer that is serviced at the branch.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Recruits, retains and develops employees to support talent management objectives.
- Interviews candidates as needed.
- Conducts regular coaching sessions with employees and documents/addresses any performance shortfalls.
- Completes annual performance appraisals for direct reports and has regular discussions with them throughout the year.
- Ensures branch employees are cross-trained to ensure maximum levels of productivity.
- Overall responsibility of branch in manager’s absence.
- Lead and directs regular staff meetings and trains as needed.
- Encourages staff to take advantage of educational opportunities that exist.
- Participates in activities to enhance public awareness of Evans Bank in the community.
- Ensures personal sales/referral goals are attained.
- Assists in setting individual branch employee sales/referral goals; Coaches and monitors them to ensure attainment.
- Maintains strong knowledge of Evans Bank products and services to effectively refer product solutions across various business lines and achieve referral goals.
- Assists in the creation of the annual inside sales and marketing plan and executes the plan.
- Manages own book of business as well as ensuring that other branch employees are effectively managing and utilizing their book of business.
- Effectively utilizes the sales process through the use of the Sales Pipeline, Evans Rewards, On Boarding Process, sales campaigns and call nights.
- Assists customers in the new account opening process, the interviewing of customers for loan requests and the closing of loans.
- Ensures the overall smooth and efficient operations of the branch.
- Addresses exceptions/errors with employees and takes appropriate action to minimize/eliminate exceptions/errors going forward.
- Ensures the timely completion of all required branch reports and in an accurate manner.
- Ensures employee work schedules are completed to maintain appropriate customer service levels while staying within budget.
- Attends monthly Assistant Branch Manager Meetings and communicates appropriate information from those meetings to employees.
- Upholds all bank policies, procedures and banking regulations. Effectively communicates them and any changes to employees.
- Ensures the branch receives a satisfactory audit.
- Ensures loan applications and documents are in proper order and submitted accurately.
- Assists Branch Manager with budgetary process as required.
- Associates Degree or equivalent experience.
- 4-6 years of inside/outside sales experience with the proven ability to:
- Lead and motivate staff in the sales process to achieve individual and branch sales goals.
- Plan, develop and execute personal sales plan.
- Provide Customer Service Excellence.
- 2-4 years of supervisory experience.
- 2-4 years of inside/outside sales experience.
- 2-4 years of experience in branch operations.
- Notary Public or ability to attain within six months.
- Ability to attain Life/Health/Accident license as directed by Management.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Strong knowledge of all bank products and services.
- Sound decision-making.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and written with excellent diplomacy skills.