Assist the Branch Manager in managing the overall operation of the store in accordance with Company policies and procedures, to insure high levels of customer service satisfaction and that customers receive value-add services in a timely and professional manner; ensuring a competitive advantage and accountable for financial performance of the branch.
- Proactive sales development of accounts around the stores location in an effort to increase sales.
- Train and supervise associates in products, procedures and selling skills. Facilitate development of their potential.
- Delegate and assign duties necessary for the smooth and efficient running of the facility / general maintenance.
- Responsible for inventory control.
- Coordinate policy changes, sales efforts, promotions and specials in a professional and profitable manner.
- Keep associates informed and up to date about the Company, product and code changes, local trends and the economy.
- Provide customer quotations and product information as requested.
- Promote teamwork and interdepartmental cooperation.
- Analyzes situations, identifies problems, identifies and evaluates alternative courses of action.
- Demonstrates emphasis on improving quality of staff, systems, and environment.
- Gives and receives feedback and evaluation as an improvement tool.
- Sets measurable goals and evaluates achievement of goals.
- P&L Responsibility.
- Vocational Certificate, Associates or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 3 years in sales /supervisory capacity at an electrical distributor or contractor.
- Business, construction or electrical industry exposure.
- Experience and/or knowledge of eclipse software; if no eclipse experience, strong computer skills
- Equivalent education or experience may be substituted for any of the above.