Assist Branch Manager with supervising/coaching branch employees and other duties as assigned, including but not limited to, all loan and operational functions within the branch. Assists with security measures which includes opening and closes branch as needed. Ensures all necessary documentation has been sufficiently completed. Support the Branch Manager with business development and membership growth efforts and activities. Supportive of the credit unions sales culture to meet member needs.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
LOANS –Conduct, record and analyze consumer and real estate loans. Act as Underwriter II or as authorized by the VP of Lending. Approve, deny, or recommend loan decisions as outlined by the Underwriting guidelines of the credit union. Disburse loans written at branch. Seek a satisfactory answer that benefits both the member and the credit union guidelines.
ACCOUNT/MEMBER MAINTENANCE: Provide assistance and troubleshooting with all credit union services to members including maintaining all documentation associated with products and services as well as the assurance that all appropriate documentation is scanned regularly. Maintain knowledge of all IRA products including options offered by Red Canoe Financial Group.
SUPERVISORY & STAFF DEVELOPMENT: Assist Manager in developing employees professionally through effective coaching and training. Perform, maintain, and observe assumed duties including performance management, coaching, training, cross-training, staff relations, quality, scheduling, staffing, quantity, workflow management, inventory, positive/professional image and keep supervisors informed, and continue CU goals. Assist in supervising branch employees, as directed by Branch Manager. Responsible for opening and closing the branch as assigned.
SALES COACHING: Assist Manager in developing individual sales goals for staff which are in accordance with RCCU corporate goals. Help to conduct monthly sales coaching with staff, effectively utilizing SLS skills and measurable techniques. Accurately track and report individual sales performance and identify action plan for improvement.
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT: Works with Branch Manager to grow the branch membership base. Support Marketing efforts and maintain ongoing communication with Business Development personnel.
COMPLIANCE: Observe policies and procedures and make recommendations for improvements. Assure employee adherence to internal controls to ensure compliance with credit union goals, objectives, policies, procedures, and applicable laws and regulations. Knowledgeable with compliance requirements- teller and vault security procedures, regulations for deposit accounts and loans, safe deposit boxes, etc.
EMPLOYEE ASSISTANCE: Assist branch employees with all dual control procedures. Help answer employee’s questions and encourage staff to utilize all resources for help in the future. Assist with help where needed on an ongoing basis.
COMMUNICATION: Effectively utilize communication skills both verbally and written to schedule, present and prepare documentation for department meetings that will include any current events/promotions, new policies and procedures, goals status and strategies, and encourage teamwork for the department.
OTHER CRITICAL JOB DUTIES:
• Maintain month-end and daily reports for department
• Business Entity Knowledge: Maintain clear and concise knowledge of all business account entities and the documentation needed to maintain
• May be required to work an extended work-day/week if needed
• Maintain and processes signature cards
• Maintain member information in computer
• Maintain safe deposit boxes and records
• Scanning of checks, signature cards, loan documents
• Membership eligibility
• Assist members as needed to provide quality services with knowledge of products and services to effectively cross-sell/referrals
• Knowledge of dividend calculations
• Issue and redeem U.S. Savings Bonds
• Setup and maintain ATM and Visa Check Cards
• Resolve and report member complaints
• Process Living Trust and Power of Attorneys
• Understand and explain deposit coverage (NCUA)
• Process share draft check orders, stop payment, statement, share draft reconciliation and copy request, payroll deduction and maintenance
• Understand complete process of payroll deduction and maintenance, including direct deposit
• Process non-cash items, i.e., check deposits, transfers, automatic transfers (pre-authorized transfer).
• Maintain a complete understanding of loan officer guidelines and policies
• Assist with Blue Book values
• Completes necessary documentation required in making loan decisions.
• Answers loan inquiries and provide accurate information on Red Canoe loan policies.
• Working knowledge of printers, faxes, scanner and copy machines.
• Backup Branch Support.
• Tracking, coaching, supporting sales culture.
• Other duties as assigned by the Branch Manager.
• Must be bondable.
• Must possess leadership skills, be friendly and outgoing with members and employees
• Ability to handle the urgencies and complexities commensurate with the position, arriving at constructive solutions and maintaining positive relationships.
• Possess a competitiveness to make loans.
• High degree of accuracy and competence, including basic math.
• High motivation to cross sell/ communicate services
• Able to make sound decisions confidently.
• Professional appearance and demeanor.
• Six months experience as a loan interviewer.
• Loan underwriting authority II
• Must possess excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
• Minimum of 3 years experience working in a financial institution, preferably a credit union.
• PC Skills commensurate with position; M/S Office preferred.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Keyboard proficiency; typing speed of 30 WPM.
• Ability to read English by sight; and, both speak and write English.
• Ability to hear by telephone and in person.
ESSENTIAL MENTAL, PHYSICAL & ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
• General: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
• Physical: Office mobility required. Approximately 20% standing, 70% sitting, 10% walking, as need demands. Possess sufficient manual dexterity (e.g. fingering, carrying, etc.) to skillfully operate standard office equipment including a computer or typewriter keyboard, 10-key calculator, facsimile machine, photocopier and telephone. Other demands include talking, handling & reaching; seeing (corrected vision) and hearing in normal range. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus. A telephone device to enhance hearing will be provided if needed. Occasional light lifting. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Periodic inter-branch or interdepartmental access may be required, including for distribution and access to various materials, equipment, meetings, etc. Storage and retrieval of materials, maximum reach required is 84 inches.
• Mental: Mental effort required involving considerable organization, planning and analytical efforts with superior communication. General demands include: alertness, memory, observation, empathy, ingenuity, learning ability, problem solving; patience; initiative; memory; objectivity, creativity, speaking ability, reading and writing ability, judgment, persuasiveness, concentration, flexibility, precision, and auditory discrimination.
• Environmental. Minimal discomfort from heat, dust, air conditioning. The noise level is usually moderate, including external road noise. Transport within remote branch and/or main office/facility may be single or multilevel (as required) including a variety of stairways, elevators, etc. Exposure to computer and other electronic equipment. Lunch/break area may be exposed to microwave. Facility is 100% free of tobacco smoke.
• Equipment. Essential equipment used includes, but may not be limited to: telephone, personal computer, other on-line computer terminal(s), calculator, and office security systems. Non-essential equipment generally includes paper shredder, typewriter, photocopy machine, microfilm machine, facsimile (fax) machine, etc.
This is to acknowledge the undersigned have thoroughly reviewed the position description. It is understood that while this document attempts to provide a complete description of the position requirements, it does not include an exhaustive list of functions which may be delegated from time to time. It is understood Red Canoe reserves the right to revise, change or disregard certain or all position responsibilities when, in the opinion of management, circumstances warrant. The incumbent further acknowledges their understanding of each position responsibility for which they will be held accountable and agree to carry each out to the best of their ability. This position does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
Red Canoe Credit Union - 14 months ago