will partner with the Branch Manager to contribute to the profitability and growth of the branch by managing the daily activities of support staff according to established policies and procedures. Provides and encourages prompt and effective Hometown Helpful service. Supports the branch goals and coach branch staff in support of meeting those goals. Runs own teller window and opens accounts when needed. Responsible for running the branch whenever Branch Manager is out of the office.
- Coordinate employee activities by assigning tasks, answering questions, solving problems, helping with complex transactions and sensitive customer relation problems; explain policies and procedures to customers. Develop and implement individual plans for employees.
- Responsible for providing appropriate training and ensure each staff member balances at the close of each day. Assist in balancing procedures and solving non-routine difficulties.
- With consistent and documented mentoring and coaching staff, holds all staff accountable for meeting sales, service and referrals goals, as well as individual and branch goals. Provide necessary tools and training for goal attainment.
- Assist Branch Manager with performing activities to accomplish goals of the branch as designated by the budget for business and consumer loans and deposits, fee income, net DDA, referrals, expense control and leadership toward maximizing return on equity (ROE).
- Responsible for branch cash and may serve as back up to all staff in the branch as required.
- Administer performance appraisals. In partnership with Branch Manager, make decisions concerning hiring, promoting, transferring and terming of branch staff.
- Responsible for using independent judgment when making decisions. Use a balanced approach when making decisions understanding the implications to profitability and the impact to the customer.
- Perform as a role model to promote exceptional customer service. Possess strong new account skills to open new savings, checking, business accounts and cross-sell additional services. Can include discussing credit products as required by manager.
- Assist with branch sales production through coaching of staff and attainment of individually assigned referral goals. Can have individually assigned sales goals as required by manager. With Branch Manager, develop and facilitate weekly sales meetings with staff.
- Facilitate staff meetings to include: review problems, discuss changes in policy and procedure, ensure operational and security training is conducted and explore new ideas for doing work better and more efficiently. Ensure manual of operations and training guides are current.
- Maintain schedule, and implement records applicable to internal audit procedures. Ensure the branch is operationally sound and achieves satisfactory audits.
- Attend community service events as assigned by the Manager.
- As required by manager, may actively seek business opportunities by developing business with existing or prospective customers through networking, outbound calling, community involvement, cross selling and profiling. Is seen as a leader in the branch and the community.
- Responsible for being a positive and supportive partner with other business units in the bank.
- Responsible for seeking business opportunities by making referrals, profiling, and cross-selling to existing or prospective customers.
High School Diploma or GED required.
Skills and Knowledge:
1 - 3 years of banking experience required.
Up to 1 year of supervisory experience and supervisory classes strongly preferred.
Length of working day can be unpredictable due to balancing. Exposed to potential hazard of robber - receives detailed instruction to minimize risk.
- Knowledge of needs based selling; actively coaches employees to look and listen for clues and then suggest bank products and services that satisfy customer needs.
- Advanced knowledge of all retail job functions, as well as Sterling products, services and procedures.
- Advanced banking skills to answer questions and resolve problems, interpersonal skills (written, verbal and listening), and coaching and leadership skills.
- Ability to coordinate branch activities, including work assignments.
- Advanced math, analytical and decision making skills, as well as be detail oriented.
- Ability to relate and empathize with other people.
- This position will require/requires National Mortgage Licensing System and Registry (NMLS) registration under the terms of the SAFE Act of 2008. As such, upon active employment with Sterling Savings Bank, you will be required to either register via the NMLS registry or re-register and move your previous registration to Sterling Savings Bank’s registration rolls. Continued employment in this position with Sterling Savings Bank is contingent upon successful registration after your start date and annual re-registration thereafter. In addition, information obtained during the registration process may impact your employment with the Bank.
Office Environment – no specific or unusual physical demands.
No recruiters, agencies, third-party agents, or consultants, please - only direct applications from candidates. All other inquiries must be directed to the Human Resources Department at (509) 458-2711.
Sterling Financial Corporation is the holding company for Sterling Bank (formerly Sterling Savings Bank), one of the largest regional...