This position is responsible for co-managing the branch while demonstrating positive leadership behaviors through team motivation, team development and leading by example. Duties include directing branch activities to meet established goals to acquire, expand and retain customer relationships, service quality goals and ensure branch activities reflect our aspirations in the market and community.
This role supports the Branch Manager by coordinating the training, sales, service and operational aspects supporting bank initiatives which include leading and managing Teller sales goals, participating and promoting business development activities and assisting with developing strategies for branch success. Ensures and coordinates daily operations with accuracy and efficiency and demonstrates a high level of product knowledge to ensure quality customer service. Acts as the compliance representative and is accountable for complying with bank policies and procedures along with governmental regulatory requirements and risk management.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to effectively resolve customer service issues and to coach, develop and build successful team.
- Goal oriented and self-motivated with proven ability to appropriately sell products and services to customers.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, identify priorities and organizational skills to efficiently and effectively operate in a changing environment.
- Previous branch banking experience with understanding of current regulatory requirements and environment.
- Have or obtain a Mortgage Loan Originator registration number through the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System & Registry (NMLS)
- May be required to lift heavy bags of coin (approx. 27 lbs) or assist customers with Safe Deposit boxes.
- May be required to work extended hours as needed to assist branch.
- Bilingual in spanish preferred.
Washington Trust Bank - 17 months ago