Media Storm has an opening for an Assistant Broadcast Negotiator to assist our broadcast group. If you are looking to break into the media advertising industry to learn the ins and outs of broadcast buying and negotiating consider this opportunity. In this position you'll provide support to the buying teams under assigned clients and markets, while maintaining a professional image within the company, all its clients, vendors and outside community. You will receive hands on training that will prepare you for a career in media planning and buying.
Prior media or internship experience is preferred, but we will consider all college graduates with a degree in communications, marketing and/or advertising. We are open to both CT and NY candidates.
All serious candidates, please include a cover letter indicating why you should be considered for this opportunity. Please include details on any previous internship experience or college courses.
Key Ares of Responsibilities
- Develop a working knowledge of client’s goals, guidelines and strategies
- Train in the systems and tools (Strata) available
- Become proficient in the pre-buy program and reports
- Call and obtain station availabilities for group’s assigned markets
- Upload station proposals into the pre-buy program (via SCX)
- Perform basic buying functions (as instructed by buyers) in Strata, including updating client reports
- Prepare stewardship of all buys and stay current with all department tools and research
- Order and confirm approved media plans via Eleven
- Obtain and monitor all station confirmation, make sure all contracts are in and checked
- Review and maintain approved makegoods and input into buy system
- Create and maintain current vendor contact list for group in share drive
- Create and maintain a current traffic contact list for group in share drive
- Review with buyer(s) all billing discrepancies and resolve in a timely manner
- Initiate and create the Creative Deadline Chart (CDC) with the supervision of the Broadcast Group Manager
- Set-up and maintain any required reports as directed by BGM
- Work with buyers and BGM learn buying and negotiation skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Marketing and/or Advertising
- Some advertising/marketing internship preferred, but not mandatory
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Detail oriented with strong attention to details and follow through
- Strong computer skills: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Ability to be flexible and a team player
Media Storm, LLC - 30+ days ago
Founded in 2001 by cable and entertainment media veterans Craig Woerz and Tim Williams, Media Storm LLC (www.mediastorm.biz) Norwalk, Conn.,...