HiRise building maintenance position available. If you have one year experience in building maintenance,a positive attitude and a willingness to learn please submit an application for consideration to this position.
The primary purpose of this position is to perform maintenance and repair functions to enhance the property and to maintain a safe environment for the homeowners.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Changing of air filters in spaces where fans or machinery are in operation and must be powered down before working on.
• General cleaning of engineering spaces.
• Cleaning and painting of non-operating mechanical equipment, which has been shut down, locked out and tagged.
• Perform general labor work as assigned by Chief Engineer such as loading, unloading and moving materials, and running errands for the Engineering Department.
• Lamp and ballast replacement and cleaning of fixtures. This includes repair or replacement of fixtures, electric cords, outlets.
• General HVAC maintenance, changing filters, checking temp. tightening belts, adjusting dampers, monitoring thermostats.
• Furniture moving, modular systems breakdown and set-up.
• Monthly preventive maintenance schedule to complete for all building equipment.
• Daily building walk-thru and work orders to complete in a timely matter.
• Weekly and monthly test runs of critical equipment like back-up generator and fire pumps.
• Minimum one year building maintenance experience, low-rise or high-rise.
• Understanding of building systems such as HVAC, Fire life safety, Generator, Boilers, Pumps, Elevators, etc…
• Able to perform minor electrical repairs, which include lighting 120V and 277V power, wall outlets and switches. If 208V and 480V experience is a plus.
• Knowledge of minor plumbing repairs, flush valves, faucets, angle stops.
• Experienced in HVAC maintenance checking and changing filters, drain lines, electrical connections. EPA 608 License a plus but not required.
• Able to repair drywall, patch and paint, molding replacement etc.
• Able to work ON-Call twice a month.
• Must be well groomed and maintain a professional demeanor at all times.
• Must possess a friendly disposition and cheerful attitude.
• Must be able to handle stressful situations calmly and constructively.
• Must be able to handle pressure and stress related to the job.
• Must work effectively with co-workers, customers and others by sharing ideas in a constructive and positive manner; listening to and objectively considering ideas and suggestions from others; keeping commitments; keeping others informed of work progress, timetables and issues; addressing problems and issues constructively to find mutually acceptable and practical business solutions; addressing others by name, title or other respectful identifier, and; respecting the diversity of our workforce in actions, words and deeds.
• Must hold a valid California driver’s license.
• Must be able to work with tools and perform minor repairs.
Basic knowledge of Microsoft Applications, especially Word and Excel.
Good written and verbal communication skills.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High School diploma or equivalent
Must be able to communicate effectively in writing. Computer literacy preferred.
Proficient in English. Bilingual in Spanish a plus.
MERIT Property Management, Inc - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard