Assistant Business Unit Manager
Dewberry is currently seeking an Assistant Business Unit Manager for the construction services department in Parsippany, NJ. The Assistant Business Unit Manager will be responsible for developing business strategy, maintaining existing client relationships, developing new clients and business and supervising senior managers. Successful candidate will be a civil engineer with a diverse and extensive background in directing large staffs in the planning, programming, and construction inspection/administration of engineering projects.
- Lead the business development activities, pursue new clients and potential project leads, and prepare price and technical proposals.
- Resident Engineer experience including NYCDDC, NYCDEP, NYCDOT, TBTA, MTA, NYSDOT, NYS Thruway, NJDOT or NJ Turnpike projects.
- Accountable for driving growth and ensuring continued success of the construction services while maintaining professionalism and strong client retention.
- Must be successful in operation analysis, financial management, strategic planning, and quality improvement of the department
- Responsible for overseeing construction plans for private, public, state, and federal projects.
- Monitor scope, schedules, and budget for projects and business unit.
Required Skills & Required Experience:
Dewberry is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
- B.S. in Civil Engineering or related field is required, M.S. degree is preferred.
- 15+ years of experience in increasing levels of project and new clients.
- NJ or NY PE License is a must.
- A minimum of 10 years project management and technical staff supervision experience.
- Knowledge of current state and federal environmental laws and policies
- Accomplished technical professional and proven leadership skills are required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong leadership qualities and ability to coach and mentor junior staff.
- Strong client retention and new business development skills are required.