Assistant Chief Pilot
Reports to : Chief Pilot
The Assistant Chief Pilot is responsible to the Chief Pilot for the overall compliance within the Pilot group, all matters relative to applicable 14 CFR’s, Operations Specifications, Company policies and procedures, training, and professional development.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
· Exercise administrative and supervisory control over all assigned pilots.
· Ensure safe, efficient, and effective flight operations and procedures.
· Monitor the performance of the following staff members to ensure the professional conduct of their office: IOE/Line Check Airmen
- Participate in interviewing, hiring, counseling, and terminating pilots.
- Coordinate the development of standard operating procedures per equipment type.
- Coordinate the development and maintenance of pilot manuals and other publications assuring that the information is complete, correct, and timely.
- Develop effective policies, procedures and regulations as they pertain to a particular aircraft type.
- Maintain flying proficiency through line flying strictly to maintain currency.
- Remain available as an on-call management pilot for ferry or reposition flights.
- Act administratively as Chief Pilot in his absence.
- Maintain liaison with FAA and aircraft manufacturers.
- Exercise operational control.
- Accomplish additional duties as assigned by the Director of Operations and Chief Pilot.
- Must possess commercial multi-engine instrument airplane ratings
- Must have pilot experience with an airline operating under FAR part 121
- Management experience preferred
Many US airlines pledge allegiance to Republic Airways. The airline holding company's subsidiaries Chautauqua Airlines, Republic...