To assist the clinical coordinator in oversight for assessment, goal, and program development for children with autism spectrum disorders. This includes observing and analyzing learning behaviors, evaluating progress, coordinating activities, and recommending program modifications. This also includes staff supervision and training in regards to instructional methods, assisting behavior specialists/analysts, and leading/coordinating student review meetings with the treatment team.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
Qualifications, Skills and Knowledge Requirements:
- Assist clinical coordinator in supporting/supervising the education and programming in the home and or/school setting for students with Autism Spectrum Disorders and Intellectual Disabilities
- Assist with developing or implementing cohesive educational programs that teach new skills to students
- Directly implement educational and behavioral interventions to children with autism and intellectual disabilities
- Recommend methods of instruction based on best practice
- Program analysis: Observe and analyze learning behaviors: evaluate progress, coordinate activities, recommend program modifications, graph data and evaluate trend lines. Report findings to Clinical Coordinator.
- Make recommendations related to school curriculum materials/development, as appropriate.
- Lead or participate in student review meetings as directed by the Clinical Coordinator.
- Participate in screenings of new students when needed to determine appropriateness of referral.
- Participate in the intake/ongoing assessment and transition of new students.
- Ensure carryover and consistency of student programming across settings (home/school)
- Assess staff competencies through on going observation as directed by Clinical Coordinator
- Collaborate with other members of the treatment team including teacher, therapist, program manager
- Assist behavior specialists/analysts as directed by clinical coordinator or program director.
- All other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in behavioral psychology or education with autism emphasis preferred.
BCaBA or BCBA preferred, with experience developing behavioral/educational interventions for persons with developmental disabilities. If non-certified, must be willing to complete the certification process.
Based on your understanding of the duties of the job you are applying for, are you able to perform these duties with or without accommodation? ____Yes ____ No
- Duties require professional verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in or knowledge of using a variety of computer software and e-mail applications, especially Microsoft Excel, Outlook and Word; have the aptitude to learn other computer software as necessary.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. independently and assist in lifting weights exceeding 50 lbs.
- Meet the requirements to drive Springbrook vehicles as required.
- Be able to perform all physical interventions.
This document describes the position currently available. It is not an employment contract. Springbrook reserves the right to modify job duties or job descriptions at any time.
_________________________________ _______________________________ ___________
Name (please print) Signature Date
Springbrook - 7 months ago
At Springbrook, we have a heartfelt commitment to serve people with special needs. We take pride in our Christian heritage, our family-cente...